No access to OPENVPN via Vodafone Internet line

Openvpn Logging credentials are correct.
I tried hotspot but not worked. Usually all the mobile hotspot connections are failed to connect to the server via Openvpn.
The vodafone Ip is dynamic. (But the IP address with FASTWEB italy was static and i had no issues).

Thanks.

check on the server (which from what I understand also acts as a firewall), that you have not set up that connections from outside can only be made from certain ip’s (typically your old fastweb static ip)

Are other services exposed on the server reachable via the Internet (mail, cockpit, …)?

Does the server-side connection still have the same ip or has it changed?

I am sure that I have not set up such connection-specific rules.

Unfortunetely this server is not a mail server. Plus, cockpit is only accessible once connected via openvpn. But everyday backup report of NAS drive is delivering the mail by itself.

from server side no changes have been made. My boss can loggin via his FASTWEB connection without any issue.

thanks agian.

Up. News?
OpenVPN connection was tested (for instance) using a smartphone hotspot?

Hi Michael, Yes i have tested with so many smartphone hostspots but i could until now find a solution to connect via hotspot of smartphones. Is it a restriction of Nethserver ?

No.
If there’s not fail2ban enforcement active
If there’s no blacklist enforcement active
If there’s no specific firewall restriction active
as default, OpenVPN server on NethServer is “ISP-Agnostic” and works from every source.

1 Like

ok. May be it depends on the ISP. I have to access physically on the router where resides the server and let you know with updates. Thanks.