Nextcloud Update

I use the NS-Nextcloud module. I never used the Nextcloud-internal update function
Today I tried to open my Nextcloud instance in my browser and got:

When trying to update the Poll app, the following occurs

Log Details:

reparing update
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
Repair step: Repair SQLite auto-increment
Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud
Updating database schema
Updated database
Repair step: Delete duplicates
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX UNIQ_options ON oc_polls_options (poll_id, poll_option_text, timestamp)': SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
Now my nextcloud is completely unusable. Does anyone have an instruction?

I removed polls
cd /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud
occ app:remove polls
Now NextCloud is productive again.

But I am shocked by such error management and get doubt whether Nextcloud is suitable for productive use.

Hi Marko,

i always wait with the update of NC until an “official” update is shown to me in the management console (cockpit). So far, I have always had good experiences with this.

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

Do you have subscribed your nethserver(s)? I am asking, as I have turned on automatic updates only after having subscribed ours and did not experience this until now.

Yes I have and automatic updates too.

Best regards, Marko

I never do that different from you for system updates. Thats why I wrote “I never used the Nextcloud-internal update function”.

However, for the individual app updates (except Collabora), you must use the internal update function.

This reminds me of some of my recent Windows 10 “updates” that flat out broke printing and Outlook clients. NS I believe repackages the software updates Nextcloud pushes down the pipe.

that was exactly my feeling.I believe repackages the software updates Nextcloud pushes down the pipe.

Yes, but not the included apps, only the system, I believe.
Or am I wrong?

IMO I want to say no the included apps are all Nextcloud. The only additional thing I see Nethserver possibly touching is their Collabra Online CODE integration but this is on the Nethforge repo.

1 Like