NextCloud SMB/CIFS not working

Hi @neurodesigns, would you be able to give me the instruction I need to try a connection using smbclient? I’m assuming you mean issuing a command line instruction to see if I can connect to this share from my nethserver.

@greavette That’s right.
Either from your server terminal or SSH.

Here it goes:
smbclient //hostname/sharename -U username

To know more:
https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-samba-connect-share.html

1 Like

Excellent @neurodesigns ! Thanks for the instruction.

I’ve successfully connected to my share from my nethserver terminal (command line) and I can navigate the folders without error.

Strange how my Nextcloud can’t do this?

@greavette
When you set up your SMB on NextCloud, does the circle turn green no matter if the credentials are right or wrong?

Also, what installed packages are listed in the output of:
yum list *smbclient*

1 Like

Hi @neurodesigns, much appreciative of you helping me out here!

I do have a green circle in beside my external storage setup in Nextcloud. And if I use the wrong password it goes from green circle to red box. So my connection to my external storage is connecting from Nextcloud (according to the green circle).

Here are the results of the instruction yum list smbclient

[root@nethservertest /]# yum list smbclient
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Thanks.

@greavette
Don’t need to thank me. Just trying to help and learn at the same time…

Could you, please, post your NextCloud SMB configuration, just like you are typing in NextCloud? A printscreen will do just fine…

I have a problem with SAMBA releases under Nextcloud 11.0x.

According to the posts, I have smb-client post-installed, and the released appropriately.
Displayed in the Admin menu with the green dot, under External data normal display.

If you want to use it it is temporarily unavailable.

First the file size is displayed, after selecting and the error message disappears the display of the directory size …

Mystic … :scream:

Have you checked this post yet?

Yes, I have already done …

No success!

Nextcloud uninstalled.

Database completely clears.

Nextcloud module reinstalled - now it works …

1 Like