Nextcloud 22.1.0 Released

a bit off topic: good news for NC 23:

2 Likes

This seems a bit better…

Nextcloud Sync v2 will be made available as part of a desktop client release later this year, alongside the release of Nextcloud 23.

Maybe NC 23 won’t be a requirement?

i think some parts of it its already implemented. with nc22 and latest desktop clinet

i was able to backup on a new server files of more than 20 gib in less than hour on an LTE connection.
i was surpirsed to notice my data bundle shad been depleted, only to find out that all files on nextcloud had been uploaded. its insane.

Overall i think we need to have the discussion about the HIGH Performance Backend Server and how to get it implemented in NEthserver, because it will also be a key component

Not for SME environments!

This is for larger environments.
Or for people who need chat in medium sized environments.

However, the file synching capabilities / improvments which come with the HPB would still be nice.
None of my clients use NC-Talk, so that’s not important to me / my clients, but still, would be nice to have, especially for the increase in performance.
As such, it seems fairly easy to install.

This is for HPB, not only for notify-push:

HPB can easily run on a seperate server / VM, probably better than integrating in NethServer.

My 2 cents
Andy

I know, but generally for small business even they need this for their environment.
I have deployed nextcloud together with our own crm solution to some law firms here, and they need the video conference facilities.
In some cases it’s just easier if a single server hosted them all.

But for a case of even mine. I run multiple servers separate locations