Nextcloud 19 Released

@giacomo Have you had an opportunity to test the HPB signaling server for nextcloud that they open sourced

@oneitonitram this would be more incumbent on the community users to test and validate isn’t it? NS provides the base Nextcloud architecture but anything beyond the base install is beyond their scope of work.

https://portal.nextcloud.com/article/nextcloud-talk-high-performance-back-end-requirements-46.html

No, I didn’t. I would like to, but I don’t know if I have time to do it and share the results (my notes are usually not understandable by other people :smiley: ).

You nailed it :wink:

1 Like

Updated - Went well. Logged in via SAMBA AD authentication. NC Talk with remote screen sharing worked for me from remote sites. Thank you.

2 Likes

when testing version is installed. will there be an impact when the official final version is released?

No, the package will automatically update to stable.

1 Like

I have a lot of issues with Remote Storage after update from Netxtcloud 18 to 19, so please test everything thoroughly before you put it on production servers.

1 Like

Thanks @support_team for making Nextcloud 19 available so quickly for us! I’ve upgraded Nethserver now and my Nextcloud 19 is working very well. I had trouble with OnlyOffice Document Server at first as it wasn’t updated yet but a new release of that app went out yesterday so all is good again.

So far I’ve not seen any issues. I’ll need to test out Talk though. I was never able to get video conferencing to work with Talk for attendees outside our office on Nextcloud 18.

Thanks!

1 Like

what do you mean problems with remote storage.
I tested on a testing machine, it worked well, so i updated the production, it also worked so well.

nextcloud was also update to 18.6 which includes the new talk app, and some additional functions, maybe thats already available for prodcution on Nethserver, i dont know

do you have coturn installed on your server, or even a seprate serve to connect to.

if you do, vide calls and audio should work very well.

1 Like

Hello Martin and thank you for your reply to my comment.

I’ve heard about using coturn server before. I’ve tried on test Nethservers to setup a coturn server but I’ve I’ll be honest and say I don’t know if what I setup was correctly setup. Personally I don’t like installing anything on my Nethserver that is not a native app to Nethserver. Our Nethserver is our AD, Webmail, Nextcloud and File Share. It’s working very well for us and I don’t want to add anything to “mess” it up. :slight_smile:

That being said I believe I can install coturn on another server (we use Proxmox so installing a separate CentOS server and adding Coturn to it would not be hard). My problem is I’ve not found a step by step documented process I could easily follow to install coturn on CentOS. I have been linked to the following:

And perhaps it’s just me and I’m being thick and installing coturn is not that hard. The other part of installing coturn is how do I point my Nextcloud to this coturn server, what ports do I need to open in order to have users connect to my coturn server.

Sorry Martin…too many questions here and not relevant to this post. I have a post already where others have taken the time to respond to me. I will need to relook at installing/configuring coturn for my Nextcloud but for now I’ve been sidetracked on setting up our WebTop mail and file sharing for a planned upgrade to move our mail to WebTop.

Thanks!

External storage that read ibay with Nethserver user/password authentication

Permissions to these external storage are inherited directly from the data access permissions on ibays

so you need to work on ibay permissions by creating the correct groups and not assign the groups in the external storage configuration as you could do in Nextcloud 18

there is a case that if you go to put users (and only users, not groups) in the configuration of external storage, they take over the data permissions on ibay and accesses only have them from nextcloud

so if you want some users to be able to access ibay from smb but not from nextcloud via remote storage, forget it.

unwanted effect: you created a user directly in Nextcloud (not in Nethserver) and gave him permission to access an external storage/ibay (by configuring the access with another fixed netserver user): when that user accesses Nextcloud he also sees all the other external storage/ibay configured (which is not nice at all) without having access to it.

Simply: you can no longer manage ibay access with Nethserver groups from the external storage configuration panel in nextcloud 19 as you could in nextcloud 18

@greavette

yum install nano coturn
openssl rand -hex 32

nano /etc/coturn/turnserver.conf 

listening-port=3478
fingerprint
use-auth-secret
static-auth-secret=<yourChosen/GeneratedSecret>
realm=server.domain.tld
bps-capacity=0
stale-nonce=600
no-multicast-peers

config set coturn service status enabled TCPPort 3478 UDPPort 3478 access public
signal-event firewall-adjust
systemctl enable --now coturn

Install and configure Nextcloud Talk app:

• STUN servers: server.domain.tld:3478
  • TURN server: server.domain.tld:3478
    • TURN secret: YOUR_SECRET
    • UDP and TCP
2 Likes

@saitobenkei

i think your setup is abit beyong my scope of knowledge.
Maybe someone else in the forum can help with that.

Hi guys,

A new version of Nextcloud is available (19.0.1).
I have NS package installed.
Do you think that is OK to do the update from Nextcloud or to wait NS package updated?

TIA,
Gabriel

Always wait NS packages :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!
:joy:

1 Like

wah, Thank God, been waiting for that 19.01 update its impossible to manage users with the infinity user list

1 Like

@GG_jr @oneitonitram it’s time to test it :wink:

6 Likes

Hi,

installed and everything looks good.

Regards…

Uwe

4 Likes