New installation can't access the internet

I installed Nethserver 6.7 latest version, i were not able to connect from my internet browser, I had to add an static IP on my land and then i were able to connect, now that i have connected I cant access the internet, can you help?

you logged in to web interface, how did you connect to the internet, I have installed the latest version 6.7 but cant access the internet is there any guide for connecting the server to the ISP internet?

Thanks,

This depends on your ISP
Have you a standard Internet-Connection using PPPoE or a static IP-Address? Is your Nethservers red interface directly attached to the internet or is there a kind of router between Nethserver and the internet?

Thank you for response, I have a firewall Pfsense that has DHCP service enabled for lan and i tried both DHCP and Static IP on red interface, didnt work for me, i were also not able to connect o lan 192.168.1.1/24 unless i had to configure my laptop ethernet static IP 192.168.1.254/24 , any guide?

OK, as far as I understood, you have the following config:

Internet <–> Pfsense <–> Nethserver
And Pfsense is distrubuting IPs via DHCP, right?

What is you current configuration of your interface(s) beside the IP? Is Nethserver getting any IP-Address if you set it to DHCP?
What do you want to do with Nethserver (do you need a RED-Interface)?

yes, my network map looks like this ISP >> PFsense>> Nethserver
PFsense is distributing DHCP, I tried both DHCP and Static on Red Interface to access internet ( Red has 192.168.2.10/24) but still i cant access the internet,

I want to use Nethserver as Fileserver and Web Filter,

You are also talking about your Laptop.
So I assume your Nethserver has a Red and a Green interface and not just only one interface.

So you have
Internet => pfsense => Nethserver => Laptop
pfsense <=> Nethserver are 192.168.2.0/24, right?
Nethserver <=> Laptop are 192.168.1.0/24, right?
Your laptop has no connection to 192.168.2.0/24, right?
Can you open a console session of Nethserver and check the IPs of nethserver (ifconfig)? Is everything as expected (i.e. green and red are not interchanged)?

Hi, if your setup looks similar to this:

You can read this Install Nethserver as AD with linux and windows clients in the section where the internet interface (RED) is configured.

Also the same is found here for a more quick information, go to point 6:
http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=howto:create_a_nethserver_virtualbox_instance

2 Likes

Hi.

the configuration should be:
IP PfSense: 192.168.2.X
NS red IP: 192.168.2.10, the gateway is PfSense 192.168.2.X
NS IP green: 192.168.1.Z

1- Test NS - PfSense
from NS shell (or via ssh client) ping pfsense 192.168.2.X. it works?
If yes, skip to step 2
if no, check the firewall logs on pfsense. If you are not active, enable

2 - Test NS - IP Internet (through PfSense)
From NS try a ping to 8.8.8.8 (google dns). it works?
If yes, skip to step 3
if not, check PfSense log

3 - Test NS - Internet
From NS ping to www.google.it.
if it does not work it could be a DNS problem

I hope I was helpful

3 Likes

@Fahim_Azami it’s nice to see how many people came to help you

1 Like

@Fahim_Azami have you resolved yet? Can you keep us in touch?