Nethserver-crontabmanager

maybe there is an issue with the month setting, since I use the Month name, the setting ‘eachXmonth */X’ is maybe hard to understand, I should add the number of the month in the translation

Thanks @stephdl

I missed you a lot :smile:

I will play with your crontabmanager and I will give you my feedback.

now the version is nethserver-crontabmanager-0.0.3-1, close of the final version

4 Likes

Hi @stephdl

as promised I have tried your work.
Your crontab-manager is essential and simple to use: good job and thank you for your contribution.

Just an hint: in the list page of crontab jobs I would add a column with the scheduling time to give administrator information at glance about every single job.

Hint above raise me a question: how to translate cronttab scheduling in a readable format?

I would like crontab-manager should be added to official repository and translated in every available language.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Start learning developing

I’d like the same, @giacomo @davidep how can we move it on the forge?
Any QA process to pass?

Well, yes:

http://dev.nethserver.org/projects/nethforge/wiki/NethForge#Quality-Assurance-QA

That document does not say that the package can be uploaded on nethforge-testing by the RPM author, provided his SSH public key is in packages.nethserver.org

If QA is ok, I’ll fork the original repo, add to NethServer organization on GitHub, build the RPM and release to nethforge.

BTW I’d like to delegate this last step to another person, by granting him upload permissions on nethforge, too.

Looks straightforward, what do you think @stephdl?

Might the :point_up_2: above French man be our guy?

2 Likes

I love when people trust in me…but i’m just a man who is riding is life…

I will try to write a much longer answer and explain the vision i have on the work i provided/ will provide.

Actually at work…and with a baby at home who steals my time

Looking forward to your vision :smile: don’t worry man I know exactly what “baby at home” means.

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-crontabmanager/nethserver-crontabmanager-0.0.4-1.ns6.sdl.noarch.rpm

• now it is possible to enable/disabled the email notification to root
  • the key is tested looking if the name is already used

I have some problem. :slight_smile:

I want to run following command every 15 minutes
llgal -d /home/nethserver_ibay/fotobanka -R -a --cf --exif Make,Model,DateTime --fe --lt --sy 400

I created a job in crontabmanager.
In /etc/crontab it looks nice:

## cron for Fotobankas apstrade
*/15 * * * *  root llgal -d /home/nethserver_ibay/fotobanka -R -a --cf --exif Make,Model,DateTime --fe --lt --sy 400

Also log shows, that it is executed:
Apr 30 20:30:02 servelis crond[27420]: (system) NULL security context for user, but SELinux in permissive mode, continuing ()
Apr 30 20:30:02 servelis CROND[27422]: (root) CMD (llgal -d /home/nethserver_ibay/fotobanka -R -a --cf --exif Make,Model,DateTime --fe --lt --sy 400)

But the process do not happen. :frowning: If I run the same command in terminal, all happens as expected.
what I miss?

Can you try to put the command inside quote ‘bash command’ with the complete path to the command

Same result. :frowning:
May 1 00:00:01 servelis crond[3711]: (system) NULL security context for user, but SELinux in permissive mode, continuing ()
May 1 00:00:01 servelis CROND[3713]: (root) CMD (’/usr/local/bin/llgal -d /home/nethserver_ibay/fotobanka -R -a --cf --exif --fe --lt --sy 400 --title “M\305\253su bildes”’)

what about if you drop a file in /etc/cron.d/llegal with inside

*/15 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/llgal -d /home/nethserver_ibay/fotobanka -R -a --cf --exif --fe --lt --sy 400

I saw this post, maybe close, where the problem was a Path Issue -> http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red-hat-fedora-linux/195186-crontab-not-running-script-post920563.html

1 Like

This works as expected.

Can you explain exactly how you solved your issue…we can write down some notes on the wiki page of crontabmanager

Sorry! Yes - this your suggestion fixed the issue. But the problem is - It do not show up in crontabmanager.
Would it be reasonable to see in crontabmanager all the entries under /etc/cron.d ?

Martins

installed your crontabmanager instandly and it works great!
I would vote, that this should be standard in NS.
Thanks for this!

(Hope this like-button is mega enough :grin:)

3 Likes