NethServer comparisons with other similar products

Yep, a little bit and you have highlighted some bugs that I would solve for sme10.

The worse will be the Server-manager

2 Likes

So you’re stating that NethServer is better just thanks to his software center and new fancy GUI :slight_smile:

How can we improve this part? We have already a page for every module, or not?

Hi @alefattorini it’s not only that. It’s the hole package.
But the software center is the biggest difference. No command line. No reboot because of everything.

Why I liked the documentation of SME was, that they were often somehow a mixure of documentation and howto. I learned a lot by reading those.

The admin manual of nethserver is straight and short. For a newcomer maybe sometimes to short with to low information about how to use the module. Maybe it’s an idea to give a link from manual to how to, if a how to exists to this topic.

And I didn’t look into the manual for some time. Now I did and recongized, that there are a lot of new topics. Some month ago some of them were not existing yet.

By the way: there is no direct link from the community platform to the documentation and the wiki with how to section. Is this possible? Now I have to go to nethserver.org to get to the manual. I didn’t find the link to the wiki. Of course I have bookmarks for them. But how to get to the wiki if I loose it?

To give an example: Sometimes you need database commands. In the manual is no entry about database commands. There is a database tutorial in the wiki. But the wiki lacks a matrix about database values.
Look at this https://wiki.contribs.org/DB_Variables_Configuration . This is very detailed, but also really a lot of work of course.

Please don’t get this as criticism. It’s just a difference I note. I’m still a fan of nethserver! :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, now it’s possible!

Upgrade to new version of Discourse - #14 by alefattorini

Thanks for the hint. I had to do a Ctrl-F5 in my browser to make them reapear. :slight_smile:
Now they are back! Thanks to @alefattorini ! :+1:

2 Likes

Agree, we need to complete our great manual with step-to-step howtos. Some people are doing a lot of work in this direction @enzoturri @dnutan @Jim and others.
Check user_guides [NethServer Wiki]