NethServer Backup in Dashboard

Hi Guys

The Dashboard Info on Backup is just not enough…
Last Backup was done when? Yesterday, last week? 2 years ago?

This could be improved…
:wink:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Hi @Andy_Wismer,
yes I think this is a good idea. @giacomo what do you think about it?

PS: @Andy_Wismer I’ve changed your topic from support to feature. I think it’s a feature request.

Since the new backup implementation supports multiple backup schedule, I don’t think it make sense to further expand the current dashboard widget.
I’d prefer to keep focused on a better UI for cockpit which should include the status of all configured backups.

Anyway, as always, PR are welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@giacomo
That would be that dot on the “i”, as they say in german here…
Translation: The bit making it perfect!

Thanks
Andy

2 Likes

It’s easy to add the backup date but it’s a daily backup and you can see backup start time and end time so the last backup date could be easily guessed.

Change line 25 in /usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Template/Dashboard/SystemStatus/Backup.php to:

echo "<dt>".$T('end_label')."</dt><dd>"; echo $view['backup_end']?date("d.m.Y H:i",$view['backup_end']):"-"; echo "</dd>";
1 Like

@mrmarkuz

You’re right of course about the “daily” backups…

Avacatus Diabolis (Worst case or close…):
However, the boss screws up a file on friday evening, process somehow hangs - an external NFS server dies during a backup or something - and it’s either a weekend and / or a public holiday…

I guess you get the general idea… I’d try to look for the backup to restore, only to find out the file I need does not exist…

:wink:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like