Nethserver as OpenVpn Client connect to server user+pass only

Hi, i have problem that when i create connection on Client tab and choose only user+pass in openvpn.log i’m getting:

Fri Jan 13 21:29:04 2017 Exiting due to fatal error
Options error: --ca fails with ‘/var/lib/nethserver/certs/clients/test.pem’: No such file or directory

Thanks for any advice. Cheers

I also try to connect nethserver as OpenVPN Client
I’m not completely out the this situation but I resolve this error
under the certificate box my mistake was to presume the order of these certificate
while most of provider will present you the certificate you need in this order: ca-certificate, certificate, than private key
nethserver want then in that order: certificate, private key than ca-certificate

I figure that by looking at the file generated by nethserver under /etc/openvpn/*.conf

That’s not a role that Nethserver is really designed for. The 2 VPN options are either as a Roadwarrior server accepting client connections or as one side of a server Net-to-Net tunnel.

You will find that the Client side of the tunnel configuration is lacking many of the options that you would need to configure NS as a true OpenVPN Client.

Cheers.

thanks for your explanation

so even if my config seams good, I’ll not be able to use it ?

Do you know which kind of modification it would be required to support that ?

If the server you are connecting to works with the limited configuration options available via the tunnel client configuration, then you should be OK.

Any kind of additional options would require updates to the generated configuration file, but these would be overwritten any time the configuration is re-built. Unless you add/update to the e-smith templates.

Cheers.