Nethserver-adagios and nethserver-ocsinventory have been released

Thanks to @nrauso, @dz00te, @jobezic and the whole community, two new packages have been released for NethServer 6.6:

• nethserver-adagios #3229, installs and configures Adagios on NethServer
  • nethserver-ocsinventory #3230, installs and configures OCS Inventory on NethServer

The packages were developed following the HowTos by @nrauso:

The source code is available from GitHub:

2 Likes

How about compilled agents for LINUX WINDOWS ? is it availabel from NS ?

I’m not Nagios expert, but I think the Win client should be bundled:

Does someone want to suggest a module name and description for the Software center page?

“Network monitoring”?

We should write a short article about it explaining the features of these piece of software! Next week I’ll try to do that, anyone would like to help?

Also add a section to the Admin’s manual.

@davidep @alefattorini
Add Agents to installation like with SAMBA reg files
http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/en/download/download-agent.html

@nas @mabeleira, ok now I think I got you :slight_smile: You were referring to OCS Inventory agents, I was meaning Nagios agents…

Sorry but I’m not an expert of OCS, and Nicola’s howto does not mention agents. @nrauso, what about that?

@nas @mabeleira @davidep, check this documentation:

http://wiki.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php/Documentation:DeployTool

That’s what you mean? :blush:

1 Like

Hi,

for OCS, network “inventory” would be more appropriate. But indeed “monitoring” for Nagios is as precise as possible.

“Network inventory and monitoring” is too long? @davidep

2 Likes

So bless to have this nagios package inside NS. I spend 2mos trying to install this in ubuntu server 14.04 LTS and spend another week to add all my routers, switches, cctv, synology, vms, windows server, windows&linux clients, firewall, and printers… Then a week after, i found NS. Hayhay! :smiley:

How to install nagios in NS, one click hayhay! :smiley:

2 Likes