NethServer 7.9.2009 repositories available for testing

As CentOS released the new “2009” ISO and base YUM repositories we are ready to start our test stage towards the release of NethServer 7.9.2009.

It is possible to upgrade a testing machine to 7.9.2009 with the following command

yum install -y http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.9.2009/updates/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-release-7-18.ns7.noarch.rpm
signal-event software-repos-save
yum update -y

Check out open 7.9.2009 issues here https://github.com/NethServer/dev/milestone/27

10 Likes

first test on a clean ns7.8, upgrade without relevant error in logs :raised_hands:
i had also tested the installation of all Base System packages with centos CR without errors (always on a clean system).

i suppose it’s time to test upgrade of ns7.8 with some packages already installed…

should i try to install also New NethServer 7.9.2009 defaults · Issue #6320 · NethServer/dev · GitHub ? (before or after upgrade to 7.9? :thinking:)

1 Like

Thank you for your heads up @dz00te!

Updates are going to 7.9.2009, so definitely after.

New defaults are set in new installations, so when testing the upgrade use case we aim at avoiding regressions with old defaults.

Anyway, I’d wait the issue is marked for testing before making that move (just to be sure that all packages are available) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know @giacomo is working on Nextcloud, let’s wait to hear from him too!

1 Like

I’d say later, but it doesn’t change much if you install it before :slight_smile:

Generally speaking Nextcloud update is quite good. It breaks only if the mail app is installed.
So the new fix disables the app, if installed. I just added a test case 3 to the issue that describes this case.
I’m going to update the release notes accordingly.

1 Like

Updated with email/fail2ban/mattermost enabled and thus far no errors in any logs or problems I can identify. Ty for all of the hard work.

6 Likes

i have update my system with no problem
thanks for hard work

3 Likes

Hi,

updated with Mail, Fail2ban, Webtop, Nextcloud and Mattermost. So far i can see there are no problems.
Thanks @ all the people behind Nethserver.

Regards…

Uwe

3 Likes

Follow up here NethServer 7.9.2009 is under work