NethServer 6.7 rc1 ready for testing

@davidep the help file is created in spanish.

Regards

4 Likes

The comunication on Distrowatch is done:

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=09131 :grinning:

Edit: Last week I was sad to see ClearOS news without seeing anything about Nethserver
Today I was sad… to see news about Koozali SME Server without seeing anything about Nethserver.

But now you save my day @alefattorini , you rock :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks mate and twitter is talking about us!
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=nethserver&src=typd

I’m sorry but for a few days I was a little bit away from the NS tests …
but to quickly recap :

unattended install → @davidep
interactive ISO installer → me, @mabeleira, @jgjimenezs
nethserver-vpn and nethserver-monitoring modules from Server Manager → me
changes on 6.7 branch12
installation on CentOS 6.7 minimal, following the updated Admin’s guide3 → ?
upgrade of 6.6 to 6.7, following the NethServer 6.7 rc1 release notes15 → @Adam, @GG_jr

various problem/bug/translation discovered until now has been fixed (if i read correctly the thread)

we miss installation on centos 6.7 minimal, i’ll do after this post…

do you think we should we some more accurate tests on installation or we could start to test the packages in software center?

apart nethserver-vpn and nethserver-monitoring, does anyone have tested others modules on 6.7rc1? if yes please report here, it could save a lot of time to other testers :slight_smile:
tnx

2 Likes

I think almost everything is covered, I’m planning to put a couple of server in production on Monday. :smile:

2 Likes

great, this means that we are we are approaching to final release… :slight_smile:

in the meanwhile i had some problem with installation on centos.

VM KVM (proxmox, virtio drv, 1 eth)

1. install minimal centos

2. during install setup of eth0 with static ip. At the end of install i have:

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    DEVICE=eth0
    TYPE=Ethernet
    UUID=03d1f445-5b8d-4ba1-afde-ef0dfdeee874
    ONBOOT=yes
    NM_CONTROLLED=yes
    BOOTPROTO=none
    IPADDR=192.168.100.89
    PREFIX=24
    GATEWAY=192.168.100.1
    DNS1=192.168.100.1
    DEFROUTE=yes
    IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
    IPV6INIT=no
    NAME=“System eth0”
    HWADDR=52:0A:FD:A0:E8:9F

3. upgrade centos

4. install nethserver as per manual

5. at the end of install i have:

$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
DEVICE=eth0
GATEWAY=192.168.100.1
HWADDR=52:0A:FD:A0:E8:9F
IPADDR=192.168.100.89
NETMASK=
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no

and this error on log (after nethserver-install):

Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: expanding /etc/shorewall/hosts
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: ERROR in /etc/e-smith/templates//etc/shorewall/hosts/20green: Program fragment delivered error <<Net::IPv4Addr: invalid netmask specification:
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/esmith/util.pm line 355>> at template line 1
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: ERROR: Template processing failed for //etc/shorewall/hosts: 1 fragment generated errors
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: at /etc/e-smith/events/actions/generic_template_expand line 64
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: [WARNING] expansion of /etc/shorewall/hosts failed
Oct 8 15:16:14 c67test esmith::event[15567]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/actions/generic_template_expand FAILED: 1 [0.273516]

(and of course a lot of other error if i try to install something else)

in webUI → network → eth > netmask is empty
if i set the correct netmask, as expected, all start to works correctly
no error with dhcp.

honestly i haven’t never used this kind of install, i’m doing something wrong?

I’m sure that @nas @Longhair @frankar and @Lincee have a proxmox environment, maybe they could help us!

It seems the original ifcfg-eth0 file lacks the NETMASK too… How to deal with it?

Edit: uh there’s PREFIX=24 !

yes, it seems that (from i don’t know which version of centos) they use prefix= instead of netmask=
if you set static ip from gui during installer

3 Likes

i’ve tested with a quick and dirty workaround…
added in nethserver-install:

NM=$(ipcalc --netmask `hostname -I`) && sed -i "s/^PREFIX=.*/$NM/" /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

all seems to work… but i don’t know if it’s better change “prefix” in “netmask” before the installation or during the installation (i imagine it should be changed some script in nethserver-base)…

1 Like

To summarize,

• PREFIX is"officially supported" by upstream
  • it is used by provisioning tools, such as the one we found in Proxmox
  • The lack of support for PREFIX is not a problem for the ISO because Anaconda uses NETMASK

This limitation is not properly a blocker for the ISO release, as we could release an update after it… But in the meantime Proxmox users will have problems, so…?

@dz00te could you file a new bug/enhancement?

I guess we’ll patch this file starting from the line below :wink:

just to be clear (maybe i am not understanding well, or I explained myself bad)

i don’t think the problem is with iso install (tested with proxmox and work well), and not related to proxmox or kvm vm, i think the problem is only when you install nethserver on a centos 6.7 minimal (and you have configuried a static ip during the installation of centos )

in the afternoon I’ll try to do some other tests (also with other hypervisor… just to be sure), fill the bug and try to find a solution. tnx for the link you saved me lot of time :grin:

tested also on vmware, same problem
fill the bug: Bug #3282: error in parsing ifcfg-eth0 when installing ns6.7rc1 on a centos 6.7 minimal - NethServer 6 - NethServer.org

i’ll try to make a PR, correct/change/trash it , and please think twice before add my code to nethserver-base :slight_smile:
but hey i follow the path of my mentor: learning by doing (tnx @stephdl )
and to be honest the book “Learnig Perl 6th ed.” is just arrived yesterday (and i haven’t read a line) so, be patient or trash the PR without problem :wink:
tnx

4 Likes

The fix works! Just released the new rpm (available since tomorrow).

yes, it seems to work. :grin: i’ve retested installation on centos 6.7 minimal (both dhcp and fixed ip)
back to rc1 testing: i think we have tested all the different installation type, so we can start testing the packages, and i’ll ask again:

apart nethserver-vpn and nethserver-monitoring, does anyone have tested others modules on 6.7rc1? if yes please report here, it could save a lot of time to other testers. tnx

1 Like

Already tested:

• nethserver-antivirus
  • nethserver-samba
  • nethserver-firewall-base
  • nethserver-ntopng with nethserver-redis
  • nethserver-squid with content filter
  • nethserver-snort with nethserver-pulledpork
  • nethserver-p3scan

I’m going to test:

• mail-server withmail-filter
  • rounducube
  • sogo
  • ibays
  • tomcat
  • iaxmodem
  • cups
  • owncloud
  • ejabberd
  • faxserver

Maybe the last package which needs testing is webvirtmgr. Am I missing something?

A post was split to a new topic: Which way do you prefer for the upgrade to 6.7?

Quick question, though I believe I already know the answer to it.

Will modified templates be required to be “touched” again after upgrading to 6.7? I made small modifications to the shorewall.conf templates. In 20logging, I set LOG_MARTIAN=No and in 60options I added “ESTABLISHED” to the BLACKLIST option. Will I have to make the same changes after the upgrade?

The answer is no if you created a template-custom.
All template-custom are always preserved :smile:

Good to hear that, obviously I’ll be checking to see if they were reverted. :slight_smile: