NethServer 6.6 released

We are proud to announce a new NethServer release. This is a thrilling day for the whole NethServer Community. It has been a journey to get to this point and we are so excited about the journey ahead of us

Read the announcement at
http://www.nethserver.org/nethserver-6-6-released/

4 Likes

Congratulations to all!
Download in progress…

:+1:

2 Likes

@sitz Take a look at the Acknowledgements section on the bottom :smile:

Upgrade Completed!!

The Disk Usage tab in the dashboard is lovely !!! :hushed:
Very useful

3 Likes

Are you ready for the distrowatch invasion? :wink: I’ll keep you in touch

1 Like

Oh my…that’s an honor and an incentive to do more!

Thank you @alefattorini

Awesome! Distrowatch is how I found out about NethServer. Maybe you (we) can get Jessie Smith to review it. He does a great job, and responds to email. :smile:

Cool! Why not? But… Who is Jesse Smith? :smile:

Take a look at this:

Jesse Smith is a staff member (or voluntary contributor) at Distrowatch who currently writes the majority of the reviews of the various Linux distribution that they feature. I have written to him about other gateway solutions (ClearOS and Zentyal) and he published one of our discussions on Distrowatch Weekly. Click on the DW Weekly link at the top of the Distrowatch home page and check out the huge volume of his writings.

1 Like

Good to know, a lot of stuff by this man :smiley:

Amazing results of NethServer 6.6 on twitter :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=nethserver&src=typd

I found about Nethserver searching for an alternative to Zentyal. After the new-cropped-again version (4.1) of Zentyal I tried different OSs.

I believe that now with NethServer I have found the right tool. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

The bigger difference between the two products is that Neth is scalable, customisable by modules that the community can do. The documentation is written, usable by people who know perl and php. Php is the dark side, but you can have a start even if you don’t know at all about it…look at me :smile:

Concerning perl, it is an old language, but easy to take in hand and quickly you can write some templates.

1 Like

Thank you from all NSteam for your words of appreciation :+1: help us to make always our best!
All togheter :sunglasses:

We are 28th on last 7 days Distrowatch page hit ranking! Just over Kubuntu :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi,
Just upgraded to Nethserver 6.6 (from 6.5). This was a great experience! Although it was somewhat nervewrecking because it’s a productionserver with many people using it, I first tested on a testserver before doing it on the productionserver.
It was really easy as pie with just a few steps like stated in the changelog/docs. After rebooting, everything just worked!

Thanks for this. :smile:

Only thing I had to change by hand again was the iSCSI backup which is of course not yet supported by Nethserver configs (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nethserver/maS3WMd_O3I)

1 Like