Need tests : nethserver-php-scl

Update 30/05/2015 new version : nethserver-php-scl-1.0.1-2

I need your review on a module based on the php software collection. In other word the purpose it to let the sysadmin decides which version he will use inside an Ibay and/or for the whole server.
All php versions come from the remi repository and are installed in the /opt. I provide a rpm to enable some part of the remi repository because in the contrary case you could upgrade mysql* and php*. This will not be a good thing

Therefore if you want to update rpm from remi-phpscl, you simply need to do

yum update --enablerepo=remi-phpscl

All php rpm must be installed directly from Remi by a yum command line.
For example if you want to display all available rpm for the software collection

yum list available php* --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=remi-phpscl

If you want to install a rpm for all php version (php54,php55,php56)

yum install php54-php-dba php55-php-dba php56-php-dba --enablerepo=remi-phpscl

Each day, based on a cron job, the rpm looks after updates and send an email if updates are found, to the ‘admin’ user.

Normally the Panel should be complete and you should not use the command Line, if you think that we can enhance the PHP settings by bringing more options, please ask.

the settings are in two place

• in the Shared Folder panel
    Here you can decide which version you will use for the Ibay (default means the php version of Apache). Since we use a CGI script to handle the php version, you won’t be able to trigger php settings with the module nethserver-phpsettings, you have to adjust settings by the relevant php.ini.
    I wanted to code something cool so all settings are not db command based
I bring a panel
you must go to the ‘Php Settings’ in the configuration panel.

• In the Php Settings Panel

Here you can decide which version you want to use for the whole server. When Apache is the Handler of Php then you can trigger php settings with my other module nethserver-phpsettings.
In other word if you want to use the module nethserver-phpsettings and you need a specific version of Php, you must use that version for the whole Server. Of course you can go back to the default version if something goes wrong with an old web application.

In other parts of the Panel you can adjust php settings to all different versions of Php, even the Php53 default centos version.

see http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/nethserver-remi-phpscl-1.0.0-1.ns6.sdl.noarch.rpm

then

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/nethserver-php-scl-1.0.4-1.ns6.sdl.x86_64.rpm --enablerepo=remi-phpscl

Test case

create several Ibays (at least 4) and inside put a phpinfo.php. In fact you should look if apache can load each version of php, then if you can set each version of Php inside the Ibay. Of course you can have a version of php different between apache and an ibay or apache and all ibays (each ibays can have its own version)

[root@nethserver-dev ~]# cat /var/lib/nethserver/ibay/piwigo/phpinfo.php
<?php     
 phpinfo();     
?>

use the browser to diplay each phpinfo in your browser (http://IP_OR_HOSTNAME/IBAYNAME/phpinfo.php) and play with options and php version

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler <------apache is the handler of the php
Server API CGI/FastCGI <----- php is used as a cgi script

These options are modified by my panel

allow_url_fopen
max_execution_time
max_file_uploads
max_input_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
3 Likes

hi stephane wen i have update all php on my system the page of admin server in sot reacheble
but the owncloud is ok were is my problem

thanks

Well, did you install my rpm nethserver-php-scl or did you upgrade the whole php by another rpm ?

well i want to upgrade the php version to 5,5 on my nethserver

If i understand you have upgraded from another rpm than nethserver-php-scl and you are facing some issues.

Please explain a bit more what you did
 I worry that I don’t understand.

If my rpm is not responsible of the issue you should open your post in the forum

thanks for your disponibility

I’m looking for some kamikazes to test this rpm
 please go ahead

you will have a lot of good things, a full control on all php settings and versions

With the release of php-php70 as software collection in the remi repository, the rpm should be updated and propose the use of php7

2 Likes

Well I have almost finished the work but I’m just facing an issue, when I use php7 handled by apache, all ibays are forced to use this version of php. In fact with php7 I lost all phpcgi I could use before
of course if I downgrade to php5, then the php7 cgi is usable for the Ibays.

fun :smile:

The good news @davidep, there is no (visible) errors in logs and in the display with nethgui under php7

2 Likes

@alefattorini I would update my first post, please

yum update --enablerepo=remi-phpscl
Geladene Plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events, presto

Error getting repository data for remi-phpscl, repository not found

Sorry I didn’t understand what I exactly have to do to get a php version greater than 5.3.10 working.
I would be nice from if you could tell me the steps.

Thank you!

I put back this rpm on my web folder http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/

now php70 is available, the only known issue is if you use php70 as the default php version (apache handler), you cannot use another version for an Ibay, the default will be forced to php70 even if you make another choice in the Ibay panel.

This is done because you have an incompatibility between mod_php5 and mod_php7

follow up the first post to install it

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/nethserver-remi-phpscl-1.0.0-1.ns6.sdl.noarch.rpm

then

yum install http://mirror.de-labrusse.fr/nethserver/nethserver-php-scl/nethserver-php-scl-1.0.3-1.ns6.sdl.x86_64.rpm --enablerepo=remi-phpscl

@stephdl:
Thanks for that. After installing that. Roundcubemail isn’t working anymore. I get a blank page after login with the default version 5.6.

How can I set the PHP Version to 5.5 or 7.0 for roundcubemail?

Errormessage for Roundcubemail using php5.6
[25-Jan-2016 21:40:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Net_IDNA2’ not found in /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php on line 438

Joomla using ibay works only with 5.5 or 5.6.

Hope that helps

only with the version php56 ?

well not so easy, it is needed to test

please report

yum info php-pear-Net_IDNA2

you should look after error in logs, and maybe it is not designed to work with php70.
from a general point of view you need to install all needed rpm from the remi’s repository
I admit it is not convenient, the best way is to use a most recent OS, but even with that the next php version available will be php54 :frowning: (on centos7)

yum info php-pear-Net_IDNA2
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

sorry

yum info php-pear-Net-IDNA2

yum info php-pear-Net-IDNA2
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

can you answer please

I don’t know how to change to a other version?
Roundcube is implemented to nethserver, it is no ibay

did you change the default php version with the panel of the software collection, you can use the default one (php53) or php54,php55,php56,php70

why are you talking about php56 if you didn’t change the php version ?