MYOB Accounting Right

I have MYOB Accounting Right running under a NethServer firewall, users cannot access MYOB wondering if there’s any port that needs to be allowed. They can access everything but not MYOB

NethServer Version: 7
Module: your_module

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Speed+and+performance+tips#expand-WhichportsdoesAccountRightuse

You can read here and try to configure your firewall.

1 Like

thanks Federico, please can you show how to allow these ports

But it’s an external service or you have a server with this application that has to be reached from external?

its an external service that we need to reach from our end

I think you have to set a Rule in “Firewall Rules” and allow ports 6962 and 6963 from Green to Red.

Maybe i am wrong… But there are no restrictions into default setup for content filtering/internet access.

@pike Probably you’re right.
@DMapukava check if there are some particular rules on Firewall or you’ve enable IPS / Content filter that can block access to this service.

Enable Suricata IPS is checked, and theres is nothing on the content filter.

Check suricata log. Maybe you’ll have to disable a rule.

But rules are configured? Try disable it.

uncheck the Enable Suricata IPS, please confirm?

Yes and save.

will be there any harm once I uncheck this?

It’s only for test, then we can debug the problem. Try to uncheck and save and then connect to service.

thanks ill do and advise

I’ve unchecked as guided and MYOB works fine. is my system vulnerable for an attack while the option is unchecked?

You have to block only these categories:
BotCC Portgrouped, BotCC, CIArmy, Compromised, Drop, Dshield, ActiveX, Attack Response, Exploit, Malware, Mobile Malware, Netbios, P2P, TOR.

All other categories put it on “Alarm”.
Obviusly check also “Enable IPS”

It should works.
Wait for feedback.

Regards.

1 Like

you mean to Check Enable Suricata IPS again?

@DMapukava yes, and apply this rules.