More Webtop Questions (signatures, public folder)

Hello @webtop_team or @support_team,

1. Where can I create a signature for each of my users so when they send an email they have an automatic signature added to the end of the email?

2. I see reference in Setting to a chat function between mail users. Is this available in Webtop? And if so how can I install it to test it?

3. I have a Public Folder seen by all my users. I have no memory of how it got there. There are three test messages inside this Public Folder and I cannot delete them. I get a permission denied. Is there a way to remove this folder from my Webtop?

Thank you.

1 Like

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/webtop5.html#mailcards-of-user-and-domain

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/webtop5.html#chat-integration

Please check permissions of public mailboxes.

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/mail.html#public-mailboxes

4 Likes

Thank you @mrmarkuz for this reply!

I’ve successfully added a signature and cleared up my public folder issue (yep…it was permissions).

I’m now testing the integration of the chat services from WebTop. I’ve enabled the service in WebTop Admin as per the link. and I’ve installed chat on Nethserver. Does Chat on Webserver need to be configured? There doesn’t appear to be any other requirements needed from the Nethserver Docs. After I logged out of WebTop Admin and logged in as one of my users I immediately received an error:

Unable to connect to chat server.
If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.

I thought I would enable the ejabberd Admin page. This errored out with the following mesage:

echo ‘{“configuration”:{“props”:{“status”:“enabled”,“WebAdmin”:“enabled”,“S2S”:“disabled”,“ModMamStatus”:“disabled”,“ModMamPurgeDBStatus”:“disabled”,“ModMamPurgeDBInterval”:“30”,“ModHttpUploadStatus”:“disabled”,“ModHttpUploadQuotaStatus”:“enabled”,“ModHttpUploadQuotaMaxDay”:“30”,“ShaperFast”:“1000000”,“ShaperNormal”:“500000”}}}’ | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/nethserver-ejabberd/update | jq

I then created a jabberadmins group and added my ID to this group. I received an error in Nethserver saying the group was not created. But upon refreshing the page the group was created. Here is the error I received.

echo ‘{“action”:“group-create”,“name”:“jabberadmins”,“members”:[“donald”]}’ | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-users/create | jq

I then tried updating the group and received this error:

echo ‘{“action”:“group-update”,“name”:“jabberadmins”,“members”:[“mickey”]}’ | /usr/bin/setsid /usr/bin/sudo /usr/libexec/nethserver/api/system-users/update | jq

1. Can you provide more details for me on how to integrate Nethserver ejabberd with WebTop?
  2. Where in WebTop do I point to my Nethserver ejabberd?
  3. Is my Nethserver ejabberd not installed correctly based on all the issues I’ve identified above?
  4. Does ejabberd need to be reinstalled to fix the issues I’ve seen?

Thank you.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Testing the integration of the chat services from WebTop

Please just one question for thread, otherwise is more complex for markuz to answer and follow the topic.
I split the discussion here

2 Likes

Hello @alefattorini,

Thank you for splitting this post into a new one. Makes sense to keep them separate. I will remember that next time.

Cheers!

2 Likes