Mail: Cannot retrieve filter configuration

NethServer Version: NS 8
Module: Mail

Hi Friends,

i have reinstalled NS 8. It is currently only running Mail, Sogo and Mattermost. After a restart this morning, the status from the mail server shows me the error message that the filter configuration cannot be retrieved. See log.

Where is the mistake?

Regards…

Uwe

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 174, in _new_conn
conn = connection.create_connection(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py”, line 95, in create_connection
raise err
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py”, line 85, in create_connection
sock.connect(sa)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 703, in urlopen
httplib_response = self._make_request(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 398, in _make_request
conn.request(method, url, **httplib_request_kw)
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 239, in request
super(HTTPConnection, self).request(method, url, body=body, headers=headers)
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/http/client.py”, line 1286, in request
self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/http/client.py”, line 1332, in _send_request
self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/http/client.py”, line 1281, in endheaders
self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/http/client.py”, line 1041, in _send_output
self.send(msg)
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/http/client.py”, line 979, in send
self.connect()
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 205, in connect
conn = self._new_conn()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 186, in _new_conn
raise NewConnectionError(
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f5e2d3157d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused

File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 486, in send
resp = conn.urlopen(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 815, in urlopen
return self.urlopen(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 815, in urlopen
return self.urlopen(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
return self.urlopen(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 787, in urlopen
retries = retries.increment(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py”, line 592, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘127.0.0.1’, port=11334): Max retries exceeded with url: /maps (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f5e2d3157d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’))

File “/home/mail1/.config/actions/get-filter-configuration/10get_filter_configuration”, line 29, in
odata[“bypass_rules”] = sum([len(set(l)) for l in mail.rspamd_get_bypass_maps().values()])
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/home/mail1/.config/pypkg/mail.py”, line 337, in rspamd_get_bypass_maps
jresponse = ors.get(RSPAMD_API_ENDPOINT + ‘maps’, timeout=15.0).json()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 602, in get
return self.request(“GET”, url, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 589, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 703, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/agent/pyenv/lib64/python3.11/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 519, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘127.0.0.1’, port=11334): Max retries exceeded with url: /maps (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f5e2d3157d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’))

Mention about maps sounds familiar (from ns7).
Have you tried to checking the status of rspamd service and restarting it?

@dnutan

I have completely rebooted the server twice.

Does service status give a more direct hint on the problem?

runagent -m mail1 systemctl --user status -l rspamd

…replacing mail1 with the correpsonding app instance name.

Rspamd is enabled, but not active. I cant understand this. I shut down the server normally at night with shutdown -h now and then started it again this morning.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 145353

If the issue arises after a reboot, this can be the workaround

Happy Labour Day!

1 Like

@davidep

Happy May 1st to Italy too

As far as I can tell, the problem described in the thread relates to a VM. However, I have NS8 (which is the current issue) running on a physical machine

And after another shutdown, postfix now also quits the service. Just like before…

doing this

journalctl -e _UID=$(id -u mail16)

I found

Error: removing storage for container "clamav": unmounting "/home/mail16/.local/share/containers/storage/overlay/8feb51148d2d35061193de0f197f2bb4422261de5d7711bb9a63685da1bc9a94/merged": invalid argument

I think you issue is relevant to merged container, I can reproduce it also with samba and openldap after a reboot

Good morning @stephdl step,

here is the output:

Last login: Thu May 2 10:01:36 2024 from 192.168.xxx.xxx
[root@xxx ~]# journalctl -e _UID=$(id -u mail16)
id: ‘mail16’: no such user
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
– No entries –

1 Like

mail16 is my mail server, adapt to you module_id, probably mail1

Sorry, overlooked it…

sorry mate but you have to search in log, do /postfix and use N or n to go to occurrences

Give me the complete command, please.

please read the documentation of journalctl it is a common usage how to grep things in the log or you could use the log page to check inside your log

we think we have a solution/fix, however the true fix is to get podman > 4.7 maybe in rocky9.4 and probably in debianxxx

2 Likes

dnf -y copr enable rhcontainerbot/podman-next
dnf update

After the execution, Collabora Office and Onlyoffice from @mrmarkuz no longer work.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information. It will be an issue on Rocky Linux 10.

:warning: Do not enable podman-next unless you are developing a module and you want to check compatibility with future Podman releases.

1 Like