Looking forward to NethServer 7

Photoshop? :smiley:

1 Like

Speachless !!!
But after all i know it’s real :smile:

1 Like

Nethserver 7 ??? Unbelievable… When I’ll able to download it ? I can’t wait :smile:

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:
I look forward

I moved a post to a new topic: Apple AFP support

I’m ready to start building on v7 when you’ve got something ready to build on…

I’m rebuilding RPMs, fixing paths and dependencies and writing basic systemd unit files.

The ISO is almost completed, and Server Manager seems regular. Now, to move to the next step, I ought to push all RPMs in YUM repos, so anybody can test them one by one.

I hope to finish today :wink: stay tuned!

3 Likes

v7-alpha1 update 2015-05-22

:sunglasses: I managed to have:

• installation procedure on CentOS 7.1.1503 minal
  • networking (with lokkit)
  • server-manager running

:confounded: I also made an attempt with ISO building, but decided to not release the ISO as only unattended installation works!

:icecream: just to have a taste of NethServer 7, install the official CentOS 7.1.1503 Minimal ISO, then type the following commands:

# yum localinstall http://mirror.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.1.1503/base/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-release-7-0.1.6.g3dbb849.ns7.noarch.rpm
# nethserver-install

:point_up: Additional packages can be installed from the Software Center, but they’ll likely not work.

:alarm_clock: The next goal is having every service (ahem, at least …80% of them) up and running, fixing RPM dirs ownership. In the next weeks I’ll fix them one by one, stay tuned!

4 Likes

Should we report issues we find while testing? Where?

There are two known issues categories, with their respective issue number:

• #3145: -update events not signalled during package installation, due to RPM directories ownership (rpm -qf ...).
  • #3149: Upstart and SysV init scripts cause service startup and management problems.

If the problem you find is related to those issues, you could comment thereon, providing a relevant excerpt of /var/log/messages.

Otherwise report the issue here on Discourse, as usual. Then we’ll see if open a new enhancement on dev.netheserver.org or not.

:blush: sorry, I can’t resist: I checked it out on Fedora Server, too…

Fedora release 22 (Twenty Two)

I wrestled with dnf but finally got Server Manager up:

3 Likes

on IBM POWER8, too :smile:

Why not? If you have a RHEL subscription…

[root@poseidon ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release 
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.1 (Maipo)

2 Likes

Poseidon sounds good… :sweat_smile:

I renamed it, after seeing how fast it built RPMs. It was so POwerful :rocket:

1 Like

I’ll have it in mind, we don’t have power8 yet, but we are planning on that.

now lets try docker :smiley:

4 Likes

@davidep do you like to keep update us about NethServer 7? Did you have move forward?

I’ve no schedule for 7 at this moment. I’ll update you ASAP :wink:

I’m glad I found that

because into the doc the link dont work
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7a/installation.html