Login to Sogo with active directory user

Hallo,
I’ve setup the nethserver as Active Directory Member but if I try to login with a Windows ad-user to the sogo webinterface, it says wrong user or password. The log shows the following

Jun 29 14:33:39 sogod [24381]: [ERROR] <0x0x7f5f3cd0fcc8[LDAPSource]> Could not bind to the LDAP server ldap://mydomain.lokal.my-domain.de:389 (389) using the bind DN: CN=‘sogoad,CN=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=LOKAL,dc=my-domain,dc=DE Jun 29 14:33:39 sogod [24381]: [ERROR] <0x0x7f5f3cd0fcc8[LDAPSource]> <NSException: 0x7f5f3d3d4878> NAME:LDAPException REASON:operation bind failed: Invalid credentials (0x31) INFO:{“error_code” = 49; login = “CN=\U2018sogoad,CN=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=LOKAL,dc=my-domain,dc=DE”; }

I’ve followed the HowTo on https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-sogo#active-directory-integration but it is the same error.
If I type in wbinfo -u -g at the ssh connection to my nethserver it shows all my ad-users.
Do you have anymore ideas.

Thanks Michael

Please show this command output:

config show sogod

Hello,
thanks for your answer, here is the output:

sogod=service
ActiveSync=enabled
AdminUsers=admin
AdsCredentials=‘sogoad%PASSWORD’
AdsLdapServer=
DraftsFolder=Drafts
MailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled=YES
Notifications=Appointment,EMail
SOGoInternalSyncInterval=10
SOGoMaximumPingInterval=10
SOGoMaximumSyncInterval=30
SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize=2048
SentFolder=Sent
TrashFolder=Trash
VirtualHosts=
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout=10
WOWorkersCount=3
status=enabled

I think my Problem is the line “AdsLdapServer=”, but where I’m able to fill some data in.

Thanks in advance Michael

Are you hiding it? Put the correct AD credentials here. Have you create a user for sogo yet?

For try, I tested it with the user called “sogoad” and the password “PASSWORD”. The user is created in AD with non-expiring password. The user is in the group Domain-user but I tried it with the group Domain-admins too.

Are you using NS 6.X or 7 alpha?

1 Like

It is 6.8 (final)

I’ve tried something more.
I changed the password for sogoad-user and I’ve added the information for AdsLdapServer, but the problem isn’t solved.

Here’s the new output of config show sogod

sogod=service
ActiveSync=enabled
AdminUsers=admin
AdsCredentials=sogoad%SogoAD1!
AdsLdapServer=ldaps://mydomain.lokal.my-domain.de:389
DraftsFolder=Drafts
MailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled=YES
Notifications=Appointment,EMail
SOGoInternalSyncInterval=10
SOGoMaximumPingInterval=10
SOGoMaximumSyncInterval=30
SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize=2048
SentFolder=Sent
TrashFolder=Trash
VirtualHosts=
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout=10
WOWorkersCount=3
status=enabled

Same Problem with AdsLdapServer=ldap instead of ldaps

Hello,
I’ve done somemore changes and now it wents well.
I don’t know which of my changes solved the Problem, but I try to explain what I’ve done.

At the webconfigsite of nethserver I’ve changed the LDAP accounts branch at Windowsnetwork to cn=Users
then I gave the sogoad-user and my test-user new passwords and changed the sogoad-user password in sogo conf with the following commands

config setprop sogod AdsCredentials sogoad%PASSWORD
signal-event nethserver-sogo-update

At GitHub they set ‘sogoad%PASSWORD’ in qoutation marks, I’ve done it without them.

I hope this helps somebody else

2 Likes

@pguerra found out, that ! and / additional to % in passwords will not work also.

1 Like

Hello there,
Iam new with Nethserver and Sogo and having the Same issue with the Login as here described, but I cant follow the Steps, how did u get it working?

A step by step would be useful.

I’m using Nethserver 7

Regards

@Daniel_Seine Sorry for late response, I’ve had holidays.
Can you please write down what you have done till now.