Limit user access on AD share

Nethserver NethServer release 7.6.1810

Active directory
Hi, I wanted to know if there is a maximum limit of connections for access to the AD server and related shares. I noticed by chance that I was unable to connect to the server on the network, on almost all clients browsing the network you do not see any PC, thanks to the support of an old XP machine of permissions or the maximum connection limit was exceeded!
I restarted the server but nothing. I turned off some Pcs and suddenly everything reappeared. Did you get to windows on shares where you can set a maximum limit for shares? Thanks and I hope I have been clear.
I also noticed that running smbtree from the shell did not scan any smb scannig without any errors .

By default there’s no connection limit for accessing a share, see Samba docs.

smbtree is working here without issues.

Just a blind shot, could there be an IP address conflict between Nethserver/NSDC and a PC?

Hi, I don’t think so. All the PCs are managed in dhcp by nethserver, some are static but well defined. The server has the bridge address 192.168.3.78/24 and 192.168.3.83/24.
The oddity is that the smbtree command listed nothing and returned no errors. If you remember well in the Windows shares by default in the shares there is a well-defined limit of contemporary users to 10 if I remember well. My doubt is exactly what the same parameter is on samba AD …
Try to take a look at this …

https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/smb.conf.5.html

In addition, typing a testaparm I found the following, without however trying to understand the set value:
[root @ neth7 ~] # testparm --show-all-parameters | grep connect
max connections = P_INTEGER,

–show-all-parameters shows variable types and possible values. If you do just testparm you’ll see that max connections is not set.
AFAIK the connection limit on Windows systems is due to MS doesn’t want client operating systems acting as server ones. Samba doesn’t need that.