Joplin Server Edition

seems its working

OK, Iā€™m now seeing the same. Iā€™ve edited the docker-compose.yml above to reflect this.

1 Like

i seem to be getting a certificate error when trying to conenct to the installed instance of joplin server

Error. Please check that URL, username, password, etc. are correct and that the sync target is accessible. The reported error was:

request to https://notes.domain.tld/api/sessions failed, reason: certificate has expired (Code CERT_HAS_EXPIRED)

EDIT:
Disccused here: Fix for "Certificate has expired" error with Joplin Cloud and self-hosted sync targets - News - Joplin Forum

Yes, thatā€™s a known bug in Joplin, shown up by the Letā€™s Encrypt change a few weeks back. Itā€™s slated to be fixed in the 2.5 release. For now, you can work around it by telling Joplin not to verify certificates (which compromises security).

1 Like

working perfectly now. i love the ability to publish notes, more than anything.

what could be causing this error, when iexecuting docker-compose up -d
docker.errors.DockerException: Error while fetching server API version: UnixHTTPConnectionPool(host=ā€˜localhostā€™, port=None): Read timed out. (read timeout=60)
[44474] Failed to execute script docker-compose

Is the above command issued automatically after every reboot?

not really, i eleive you should be able to add it permanently to the network

this is now NS8 ready: NS8-Joplin Server Module - Feature - NethServer Community

2 Likes

@dan35 itā€™s been a while since you posted that Joplin app wasnā€™t syncing well for you to NextCloud.

Have you tried it lately?

One of the reasons I started using NextCloud (NS7) was to sync my Joplin notes. I also dumped Dropbox once I had it running. Iā€™ve been doing the sync using webdav.

Last I checked about 6 mo ago, I had about 875MB of notes in Joplin syncing to NextCloud. The apps sync great from Android and Mac. The joplin app on Win11 seems to occasionally hickup and cause a problem needing me to remove a file lock on NextCloud that shouldnā€™t be locked. While I think the joplin server addition is very cool and interesting, Iā€™m quite happy doing the sync to my NextCloud for now.

IF nextcloud sync works, and works for you, thats ussually fine.

The Server Allows for Additional Fucntions, like sharing and collaborating your noted with someone else on your server.
Publishing notes, and HAving a public link available for Web viewing. no mor eneed for pasteboard