It is ejabberd (several PRs have been done for have a better application in NethServer)

Federico confirmed the bugs in UI password change forms and ejabberd login were fixed. I can check it out lately.

If somebody else wants to chime in, a tie-breaker is welcome!

Please consider that ejabberd caches authentication credentials for 1 hour, thus a password change has no immediate effect for ejabberd.

2 Likes

Thanks for PRs, can you see for Transifex too?
I will see for texts/translationsā€¦

Yes the password now works several hours afterā€¦ we can see this problemā€¦

But the password does not work in Roundcube.
It works in SOGo, Nextcloud, ejabberd (after a time).

Can you add this code when there is a password change and if nethserver-ejabberd is installed?

1 Like

It can work with local accounts provider. With a remote accounts provider thereā€™s no way to react to a password change. It could be an improvement, anyway.

I have done a new PR for ejabberd: https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-ejabberd/pull/26

Can you look for master and the little changes in Transifex?

1 Like

Can you reopen this PR?

And this too?

Sorry my mistake. I just merged this one.

Please open a new PR on branch ejabberd-19 to fix the Transifex configuration only. Do not change other files, because they are overwritten by tx pull automatically.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ejabberd 19 upgrade

New PRs done:

@davidep: Please revert your changes, you break all:

Iā€™m sorry, we cannot continue this discussion on both GitHub and this forum.

The GitHub issue tracker and pull request contribution workflow is public, but it is required to discuss the code changes here with package maintainers, before taking decisions and actions.

On the contrary, submitting code changes without approval triggers a review workflow that becomes a waste of time for everybody.

2 Likes

I am now blocked from github because I have done PRs, strange for a lot of done work.

Please note that all have been done for solve previous mistakes from other devs.
It is clear now in all space, please take some minutes to really review all, not in part, it is for all.

When we do one change, it must be same all everywhere.
It is not possible to have not same, the goal is to have not break :wink:

Chat is not for describe XMPP.

Documentations have mistakes, and it is not clear.

The documentation speaks about old XMPP softwares with several XMPP protocol bugs, Pidgin/Adium are not really XMPP softwares. Currently you promote the best of the bad XMPP clientsā€¦

Some mistakes: ā€œadministrator web interfaceā€ must be ā€œweb administration interfaceā€ā€¦

I think that you have not really looked changes :wink:
I think, ā€œit is from this guy: I blockā€.

In more, I refer you:

Some people said me to create a new PR for translation, and I am banned, strange, no?

I have seen to create a new PR no? :wink:

Iā€™ve blocked you for just one week, I think this should be enough time to correct the workflow.
Davide already explained very well why.

Iā€™m willing to unblock you before the week ends if the moderators ask me to do so (/cc @alefattorini and ambassadors).

Thanks in advance to really look all changes, it is now complete to have a perfect nethserver-ejabberd.

The last change will be the ejabberd.yml.

Of course, for the best, all PRs have been done, and I have requested the revert because it breaks (one PR is always on my computer):

@Neustradamus
Please understand this is not because we do not like your PRā€™s
It is the way you flood the tracker that is disturbing and creating too much overhead that should be used for development instead of moderation.
Please follow the guidelines on how to contribute. As already mentioned: PRā€™s are fine (VERY fine even, and very much appreciated!) but discussion is done PRIOR to do PRā€™s in these forums.
Github is solely used to track bugs and do development. Discussion is done here.

5 Likes

Thanks @robb, now with all my PRs, you see that all changes is needed, it is clear and easy.
Now we can see ejabberd.yml and create the migration of the old ejabberd 18.06 to 19.09.1+ in good conditions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you reopen my closed PRs, it is important to work correctly:

Thanks in advance.

No. No need to push it, you already got the answer. Some of them were rejected due to different reasons (affecting Transifex, .po files, overwriting translation to other languages, etc.) and some might be reconsidered in the future for a new minor release.

@dnutan: No, I had a message to create a new PR for Transifex.

Note: It is not good to keep bad configurations, bad texts in a server, it is not logic.

And there are no break when it is really done perfectly, it must be validate in one time.

It is time to open eyes to solve problems.

Please note: There are ejabberd-19 branches for all:

• nethserver-ejabberd
  • nethserver-fail2ban
  • nethserver-lang
  • nethserver-base
  • comps
  • docs
  • dev

It will be easy to merge after it.