Introducing new members on community - 13 Jun 16

Happy Monday NethServerians!!
Hope you all had wonderful weekends.

###For some Monday inspiration…
I’m reading a really good book right now titled Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability A guide to help people to understand the principles of intuitive navigation and information design.

It’s especially a great book for small business owners and who uses UI every day but can’t spend much money for web help. It would also be very helpful for anyone thinking about doing mobile usability testing - he covers the issues and challenges with that.
Happily, this book practices what it preaches, it’s written in a friendly chatty way and well designed. In short, this great book goes down easy!

“The basic principles are the same even if the landscape has changed, because usability is about people and how they understand and use things, not about technology. And while technology often changes quickly, people change very slowly.”

Ok Let’s get to welcoming all of our fancy new 20 members! We’re at over 908 now! So we’re close… friends… we’re close.
If you’re new here, hey, what’s up? How’s it going? Doing good? Good. You look great… healthy. Keep it up.:thumbsup:

Also, welcome to the NethServer community!!! We’re so glad you’re here. This is your chance to introduce yourselves and get to know your fellow NethServerians!!

Please comment below and tell us:

• Who are you?
  • What you’re working on?
  • What brings you to NethServer?

Looking at you…

• @sogal - Sogal - France
  • @Darren_Bennett - Darren Bennett - United Kingdom
  • @Cloudbit - CloudBitVps - United Kingdom
  • @nightmare - omar - Aruba
  • @arisobulo - Aristobulo Argotte - Venezuela
  • @zntneo - Zach Aletheia - United States
  • @dcj - Dave Johnson - England
  • @Jorge_Karim_Ledesma - Jorge Karim Ledesma Haron - Argentina
  • @electrodad - Steve Hiott - USA
  • @Michael_Kuhn - Michael Kuhn
  • @PrinterSet - Douglas Demétrio de Morais - Brasil
  • @attabi225 - attabi225 - Ivory coast
  • @thuliovinicius - Thulio Vinicius - BRASIL
  • @lee4net - lee proctor - Ireland
  • @Perand90 - Andrea - Italia
  • @ChrisH - Christian - Germany
  • @roger-ramjet - Forest McColley - United States
  • @Linuxtechnix - Linuxtechnix - Ghana
  • @harrioh - harrioh - Finland
  • @Maniksharan_Jorka - Maniksharan Jorka - india

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks for being so welcoming and careful to new users.

I work as IT tech and I’m mainly interested in FLOSS technologies. Working with Fedora and/or Debian.

I am setting up a self-hosted general purpose server for family and friends (mail, cloud, wiki, NFS file sharing, torrent server and so on).

I was looking for a solution that allowed me to manage my services and users easily. I have already tried Nethserver 6.x last year while I was doing researches for this kind of “all in one, easy to deploy” server for small/medium sized organizations.
I have seen that the v7 was on it’s way, tried it in VM : most of the stuff work great, so, dispite the fact that it’s stil in alpha, I installed it on a HP Proliant MicroServer Gen, configured the RAID1 and installed it.
Everything works great (deside openvpn and shared mail addresses, see my post on the related topic : Try out NethServer 7 alpha 3! - #45 by mark_nl ).

2 Likes

Welcome to all.

####Cheer up! There is much to be done! :laughing::grinning:

I want to give a special welcome to another brother venezuelan from the tribe Caciquitxs.

Welcome @arisobulo

You can ask until the time, without fear. This community is great

2 Likes

are all welcome, an embrace of brotherhood to all.

Regards

1 Like