Installing Horde Groupware

horde
v7

(Ralph) #21

When I select Webmailer from inside Horde I have to authenticate once more. Can anybody tell what is wrong in the configuration?
It’s the same with Gollem.
By the way, Gollem needs a newer version of Horde core. I updated Core and all modules with pear, so I get notes and bookmarks as well.

(Ralph) #22

I get permanent errors saying “invalid filter syntax”. Something must be wrong with the expression above.
Does anybody else have these errors? May somebody corrected the syntax aleady.

(Michael Träumner) #23

I think you have to change your filter settings consistent to your ad at Univention.

(Ralph) #24

I don’t think so. Invalid syntax means a missing comma or something similar.
If I write it like that:
(&(objectCategory=group)(objectClass=user))
the error message stops but then the DN of the user is not found anymore.

(Michael Träumner) #25

I did my settings at webinterface, there you can type in like I wrote at my HowTo. But please have a look at config file, it should look like the foolowing:

$conf['group']['params']['user']['filter'] = '(objectCategory=group)(objectClass=user)';
$conf['group']['params']['user']['filter_type'] = 'filter';

(Ralph) #26

Nope. Same error message.
But I found somewhere that “(objectCategory=group)” is redundant. So. I dropped this and just kept “(objectClass=user)”. As far as I can see, it works and no error message.

(Ralph) #27

I got everything up and running now. There is still one problem left: I cannot use the vacation filter in Ingo.
I adjusted the config to use timsieved and to communicate with the local imap server which is dovecot.
The mail server is part of NS. But there I don’t see a possibility in the GUI to use Sieve either.
Does anybody know how to do this?

(Michael Träumner) #28

I’ve read that you have to install

dovecot-pigeonhole

Could you try please.

(Ralph) #29

I had dovecot-pigeonhole installed. But the main point is that you have to create a backends.local.php in ingo which replaces imap with timsieved. The configuration details are shown in backend.php.
After that you have “vacation” in the filter list. It works fine.

(Michael Träumner) #30

Thanks Ralph,
if I have some time I would try the configuration of Ingo and add it to my howto.

(Saito Benkei) #31

I resolved this with the following configuration:

Configuration -> Horde -> tab “Authentication”

$conf[auth][driver] = "Let a Horde application handle authentication"
$conf[auth][params][app] = "imp"

https://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL#configuring-imp

(Michael Träumner) split this topic #32

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Password for LDAP bind

Password for LDAP bind
(Dan) #33

I’m running into some trouble on this on my Neth 7.4 machine. The first problem was errors with horde-db-migrate that it couldn’t connect to the mysql server using either localhost or the FQDN as the hostname. I solved that by connecting via unix socket instead, at /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.

Then I tried to configure it to bind to Active Directory, and am ending up with this result:

One oddity that might be relevant is that when I run account-provider-test dump, the BindPassword appears to be a 256-character string of non-ASCII characters:
"BindPassword" : "돃㭘斖漿绞粤ꋒ橳㔣砛縞 (cut off, it goes much longer)

When I look at /var/log/horde/horde.log, the only entry close in time to the failure is:
2017-11-17T18:31:14+00:00 EMERG: HORDE [horde] Permission denied. [pid 18146 on line 373 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]

Where should I start looking?

(Markus Neuberger) #34

Hi @danb35,

you may create an AD User and use that AD user credentials for joining instead of machine and bind password.
Maybe Horde has problems with the binary bind password.

(Dan) #35

I was in the middle of writing a post explaining what further problems I was having when I tried it again. It’s working now. I haven’t changed a thing. :confused: Now I can log in to the horde portal itself as admin or any other user I want, and I can go to admin/config/ and log in as admin.

OK, onward and upward. Going to try installing imp now and see how it goes.

(Dan) #36

I’d been looking at installing this in an AD environment, but it’s looking like I’ll be using local LDAP instead. Any ideas what would need to change? I’m thinking the horde-hook script wouldn’t be needed, possibly replacing samaccountname with accountname? Others?

(Michael Träumner) #37

For LDAP it should be uid instead of samaccountname.

(Dan) #38

Thanks. Would any other changes be called for?

Edit: It’d really be great to see this as a module that could be installed through yum–I’ve been using Horde for the last 15+ years. Other than packaging it myself, which I lack the skill to do, is there any other way I can help make this happen?

(Michael Träumner) #39

Hi @danb35 ,
the horde-hook script could be interesting for getting fullname and mail adress from LDAP. Here you can find an example for doing it with LDAP:

https://wiki.horde.org/LDAPHooksHorde5

I don’t know, I didn’t tried with LDAP, I think some variables like givenname are not the same at LDAP. I’ve found for LDAP it is cn (Common Name).

A beginning could be to create the howto for LDAP-binding and post it.
I think a second big thing could be to create a howto for changing with all data from SOGo to Horde.
Tomorrow is a meeting at FOSDEM. I could ask if there is a chance to replace SOGo witht Horde.

(Dan) #40

Sounds like some pointers–I’ll see what I can accomplish. Thanks.