Installing a Custom certificate

Hello,

Currently, we are using let’s encrypt certificate for our Nethserver domain and for the mail server. My nethserver domain is not open to external traffic. After three months I opened my domain to external traffice and update the Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. After updating the SSL certificate all the configured devices pop up a notification to update the SSL certificate.
Is there any way that no popup notification will appear on each user’s device after updating the SSL certificate?
My second question is that if I am installing a custom certificate for my nethserver domain, do I need to install a separate SSL certificate for the Mail Server or not?

Kind Regards,
Adnan

What exactly does that notification say?

Hi,

The Pop up notification is

Kind Regards,
Adnan

…and what happens when you review the certificate details?

Hi,

it just only showing the Server details such as incoming and outgoing configurations.

Well, I’m not sure if it’s iOS hiding the relevant information, or you not sharing it, but one way or the other, there’s a certificate error. This could be because:

• You’re trying to connect to a hostname that isn’t part of the certificate (e.g., your certificate only covers www.yourdomain.com, but you’re trying to connect to mail.yourdomain.com)
  • Your certificate is expired
  • Your certificate is revoked
  • You’re using a self-signed or otherwise untrusted cert

If you can get iOS to show what the actual error is, that would help. Otherwise, if you can share the actual domain name, it might be possible to figure it out that way.

Yes, you are right my certificate was expired, but after upgrading the certificate still these pop up appear on the mobile devices. Finally I deleted the mail account from the iOS then setup mail again, and it work flawlessly.

Kind Regards,
Adnan