Install Leanote

I’d expect so; nothing in this guide does anything to enable HTTPS. That would be handled in the reverse proxy setup that’s still a “to do.”

If these are active thene means there is still activity.

Maybe they currently do not have web developers, only desktop and mobile developers, and need developers to actively support. I dont know…

The good thing is that, the project is 100% open source. so it can be forked, and a widely English verion can be built on it.

Yes, and GitHub shows there are over 2000 forks of it right now. It might be worth investigating if there’s one that’s more actively maintained. Alternatively, it could be the case that there are no recent commits because there’s nothing that needs to be done on the base code–which is fine if it’s the case. But it’s nonetheless a concern.

there is once a software i asked the developer. why there is no new updated.
he just then posed the question back.

What new functions do you want which are not in the software?

he went ahead to mention that everything can be done by plugins and modules, so no need to update the core, unless there is need, or a security issue

479 open issues (some of which have been open for over five years) would seem to be an adequate answer to this question.

well, you are right, its been a while since the project was updated and the traffic around development recently seems not that huge.

…comspiracy

someone was paid off…

Updated to add virtual host instructions. This will create a virtual host for leanote.yourdomain, redirect all traffic to https, and reverse proxy to the Leanote installation. It probably needs a little bit of refinement, though; images aren’t being displayed properly right now.

2 Likes

Well, it doesn’t look like it’s a reverse proxy problem as such, it’s rather a mixed-content problem. The thumbnail here:
Is broken because it’s trying to load http (why?) from a remote host (again, why?):

That’s, frankly, very disconcerting. But if I create a new note and add images, the image itself and its thumbnail shows up just fine–this looks like it may only affect the “default” note(s) for a new account.

Nothing I’ve seen in the Leanote docs indicates that this is possible–it looks like it can only authenticate users using its own built-in mechanism.

This is now done, as well as updates to the template fragment to allow customization of the hostname and the certificate.

4 Likes

Anyone else installed this? Tested? How’s it working? Good, bad, etc.?

So far works great. Will keep trying to push some limits, see if some things break.

More updates–updated the template to disable demo mode by default, and documented some important admin settings. Probably close to ready to move this to the wiki.

Noticed something about the invite links, they go out as localhost:

http://localhost:9000/register?iu=hhh@hhh.net

How are you sending invitations? I don’t see that option, even though I do see a template for the invitation email.

if you right click on a notes

then click on share to friends:

@danb35 how much effort do you think would be required to fork and maintain a project like this, for the Nethserver community.
and even go ahead to implement ldap etc onto it.

I’m not able to duplicate this–are you sure you’ve set site.url correctly in app.conf?

I’m sure it would depend a great deal on how familiar someone was with Go and the other relevant technologies. For me, it would be a massive effort. For someone else, perhaps not so much.

Let me start looking for go developers to asses the project and the code, then see how or what can be done

now i can resume testing systems. my internet issue has been solved.

These past 3 weeks have been dark for me, surviving with limited bundles