HowTo Install Video Conference system on Nethserver

intermediate
draft
application

(Alessio Fattorini) #21

These are useful tips, what do you think to write down a guideline for next howtos?
Newcomers are new to NethServer devel concepts so point out to this rules (with links to developer manual) is going to be a standard approach

(Stefano) #22

it’s not a matter of writing an howto, but how to integrate a package in NS

rules are:

• never, Never, NEVER instal dev tools/compilers on your server
  • always use rpms and yum… almost everything is available as a rpm, even if on external repo (epel, rpmforge etc)
  • if a rpm package is not available… well, you’d study a bit how to create one starting from a .tgz package and a .spec file
  • never edit conf file and / or create firewall rules via direct editing or cli (iptables…)
  • re-think everything needed to configure/start service in a db/fragments/template/event perspective

that’s all, and it’s likely enough to start :smile:

I ran into a few problems while going through this how to:

1. update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/jar jar /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_45/bin/jar 20000 failed to read link /usr/bin/jar: No such file or directory
  2. wget http://it.apache.contactlab.it/openmeetings/3.0.6/bin/apache-openmeetings-3.0.6.zip - not found
  3. I used wget http://it.apache.contactlab.it/openmeetings/3.0.7/bin/apache-openmeetings-3.0.7.zip
  4. service red5 status - red5 dead but pid file exists
  5. http://my.local.ip:5080/openmeetings/install - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

when I cd to /opt/red5 and run ./red5.sh I get the following errors:

`ConfigurationDao.java 215074 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-8] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: application.base.url

WARN 12-10 15:08:52.505 ConfigurationDao.java 215081 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-8] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: number.minutes.reminder.send

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.512 ConfigurationDao.java 250088 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: smtp_server

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.515 ConfigurationDao.java 250091 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: smtp_port

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.519 ConfigurationDao.java 250095 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: system_email_addr

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.522 ConfigurationDao.java 250098 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: email_username

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.525 ConfigurationDao.java 250101 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: email_userpass

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.528 ConfigurationDao.java 250104 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.starttls.enable

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.533 ConfigurationDao.java 250109 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: inviter.email.as.replyto

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.536 ConfigurationDao.java 250112 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.connection.timeout

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.540 ConfigurationDao.java 250116 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.timeout`

Any help will be appreciated

(Alessio Fattorini) #24

I hope that @enzoturri could help you :slight_smile:

(Vincenzo Turri) #25

I’m sorry for waiting but I had a bit of trouble.

This weekend I will try to repeat the process on a clean installation, and with the new release

Which java version you downloaded ? jdk-8u45-linux-x64 or newer ?

correct and thanks for the tip. I correct documentation.
You use Nethserver 6.7?

(Vincenzo Turri) #26

damn I had several problems.
finally it worked.
the problem is java.
I used:

yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk icedtea-web 

as soon as possible I will correct documentation

(Vincenzo Turri) #27

The documentation has been updated

(Gabriel GHEORGHIU) #28

Hi @enzoturri,

Some questions, if you don’t mind:

• Did you try Openmeeting on NS 7?
  • Is this documentation available for NS 7?
  • there is something different if I want to install through NS Virtualhost Module ( I want to have statistics with AWSTATS by @stephdl)

TIA,
Gabriel

EDIT:

I found this:

( https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools )

(Dan) #29

Just as a point of information, Nextcloud now offers Nextcloud Talk, which would give you at least the majority of this capability with a pushbutton installation.

(Gabriel GHEORGHIU) #30

Hi @danb35,

Thank you for the tip.
I need webinar sessions with our customers. This option is not free for Nextcloud/Nextcloud Talk.

(Dan) #31

Yep, that’s one of the few things Nextcloud doesn’t do (at least not without paying extra). Just thought I’d toss it out there if it would do what you need.