How to reinstall nextcloud from scratch (remove all settings) on nethserver

Fixed
Did the above and it fixed the issue. It’s just strange as I’ve never been into the nsdc container before, yet alone changed the password. I always used the server web panel at port 980. I browsed to the Active Directory local accounts provider page and copied over what was listed and set as password following the above.

So all the issues was due to a password changing which should never have changed. I’m just glad it wasn’t anything else, and it’s why it took so long to fix as I’ve never even considered looking into the nsdc container. Thanks for all your hep, sorry it took so much time.

1 Like

You’re welcome, no problem, it was really hard to find but in the end it’s fixed!

My curiosity got the better of me so I spent some time trolling the logs. Looked like a dc upgrade failed and when I reapplied the upgrade it looks like the nscd container was reset as if it was a new install. So everything looked good by the web interface but password had changed and this wasn’t reflected.

Maybe a button by the bind password in the Active Directory local accounts provider page to auto-generate a new password and set to existing configs would solve this issue and allow for easy password changes.