How to Prevent Mail Spoofing on nethserver

**NethServer Version:7.5
Module: Mail

How to Prevent Mail Spoofing on nethserver ?
Because there are many Mail Spoofing incoming to my Server.

Thank you

I would try it with rspamd. As I have read it’s a component of Mail 2.

rspamd is doing a great job filtering unwanted and bad mails.
In order to limit spoofed mails, I strongly suggest to enable SPF. Also DKIM should be enabled (all be it to not let you end up on blacklists etc…

1 Like

Hi
Thank you for your support and I know rspamd is so good but why’s own email account send by them self from outside like [Envelope From] From(abc@mydomain.com) and [Envelope To] To/Cc/Bcc (abc@mydomain.com)
What’s wrong ?

Thank you

The ip used by the smtp to send the email is blacklisted in rbl, does it is a smtp service provider or your own public IP ?

No, it’s not smtp service provider or your own public IP

Who owns this IP ?

I think, Spam IP

Sorry I do not understand the issue, the email is tagged as spam due that the IP used to send the email is blacklisted in RBL.

So what is the issue ?

Yes, I understand but these spam always send to my mail server.

Ok, but rspamd could reject it, I count a score of 17

You mean, it is not Mail Spoofing, right ?

I have not all informations to state but this email must be rejected as spam or moved to junk

But if you fear about mail spoofing, definitely you could protect by dkim and spf like robb proposed

I wrote a tutorial on email, maybe you could find some ideas : https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=email_protection_resources

2 Likes

Thank you so much

Hi

I still have question, How to only allow some email accounts( whitelist ) from incoming Mail server but other if it is not in whitelist then deny all ?

Thank you

4 posts were split to a new topic: I can send it to everyone like spoofing