How to install Gibbon on NethServer

Thanks @robb and @stephdl, I updated the howto to suggest the use of PHP 7.1.

Virtualhost is working for me, what I did:

Create a virtualhost gibbon and set it to PHP 7.1 in “Php Software collection” tab in web UI. This step creates the dir /var/lib/nethserver/vhost/gibbon

Just use the howto, except of move the files to /var/lib/nethserver/vhost/gibbon instead of /var/www/html/gibbon and set owner:

mv core-16.0.01/* /var/lib/nethserver/vhost/gibbon/
chown apache:apache -R /var/lib/nethserver/vhost/gibbon

Now you may browse to your virtualhost FQDN (https://myserver.domain.local in my case) and go through the setup:

3 Likes

Of course the following is time wasting, tears, pains but so much interesting

You could retrieve directly the zip archive of the github project and build the rpm (only the spec file must be saved)

Then a new rpm is needed to create the virtuahost for apache with php71 scl and the mysql database.

After that I think that nethserver-rh-php71-php-fpm is better than my rpm php-scl. My rpm is for general purpose, like you proposed, install manually a web application.

Obviously I am available to help here

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s worth the effort to make an rpm out of gibbon because it’s just a mysql db and a virtualhost with php-scl which is a pretty default webapp.
If we find some extra options like LDAP/AD connection/import then I’d make a module.

1 Like