Horde Groupware

I’ve found a very scalable opensource groupware (Horde), they work with individual modules for everything. As I have read, you can use it with dovecot and postfix.
Could it be a replacement for SOGo?

2 Likes

Not so much rpms for this groupware :frowning:

Hi,

Are you sure? rpms should be In EPEL
https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20160509/055737.html

my bad, the name is php-horde-horde indeed in epel

@dev_team horde to replace webtop :slight_smile:

Why not? As usual the first step is writing an how to!

3 Likes

I’ll try to install at the next days and write down my steps

4 Likes

I will have a go at BlueMind: https://www.bluemind.net/en/
Anyone ever heard of it?

is it OOSS?
I see “buy” and “try” only…

I had to search for it but it says on the BlueMind website that it is opensource and licensed under AGPLv3
Look at the bottom of https://www.bluemind.net/en/company-overview/
I mailed the organisation if there is a public code repo.

Another alternative would be Kolab. I think I will investigate that one too,

Kolab is not only a groupware, it is nearly a full distro, you might have some noises with NS

well… there are many web client/ groupware solutions out there… the main issue is their integration with NS, which can be a nightmare

I received back some more info on BlueMind. The devs stated that BlueMind also is more like an all-in-one solution that will/wants to take control over a lot of services (like webservices etc)
Maybe a further look is in place.
What I was brainstorming about was how would NextCloud be doing if it would get mail functionality? It already does filestorage and calendaring…?? Maybe it’s worth to ping @jospoortvliet about this

1 Like

Good Morning!

I know HORDE (webmail) from before and it was always a good groupware, stable - clean - fast!

I would be happy if it would be used as SOGo replacement, unfortunately, I see in WebTop no full replacement.
What I do not personally like is this mystery.

And SOGo in the current version I find almost embarrassed - in the version it was top - now it is slow - cumbersome - inflexible; Pity!

But these are my impressions, for me count vll other values.

The following points I put to a groupware:

• Multi email capability (multiple email accounts)
  • Calendar (personal / team)
  • Address book (personal / team)
  • Sync smartphone with CalDaV & CardDAV
  • intuitive operation
  • Language Support (German)
  • Long running times
    If we set on a groupware should be supported over a long period of time, every year a change does not bring, at least my wife not :wink:
3 Likes

Sure this is the key and the weakness of free software, so many choices.

It’s a common approach, like Zarafa or Zimbra

Need to talk about future integrations with Jos, regarding their mail app I think that it is actually a bit “green” :slight_smile:

Howtos and tests are welcome :slight_smile: you can join forces with @m.traeumner

It’s said to hear this. Unfortunately it’s not our fault, it’s up to sogo developers :rolling_eyes:

I received back some more info on BlueMind. The devs stated that BlueMind also is more like an all-in-one solution that will/wants to take control over a lot of services (like webservices etc)
Maybe a further look is in place.
What I was brainstorming about was how would NextCloud be doing if it would get mail functionality? It already does filestorage and calendaring…?? Maybe it’s worth to ping @jospoortvliet about this

So Nextcloud Mail is maturing nicely but it is not a mail server, just a client. Running a mail server is an entirely different game, quite a big thing and plenty projects do it quite well, like the names mentioned here by others…

1 Like

NethServer is a mail server that needs a client.

3 Likes

@jospoortvliet thnx for the reply. When I mentioned using Nextcloud as a replacement for the groupware part I was just brainstorming outside the box.
My thinking is: if you want a groupware solution and you already have a great collaboration option, why not add the mail functionality so you get a fullblown solution.
Nextcloud already is using LDAP or Samba4 AD user accounts. It would be so nice if Nextcloud could evolve to a fullblown groupware.

Well, for sure, integrating with external services like LDAP - that makes total sense and it is what Nextcloud Mail already does :wink:

That does make it a full solution and we’re working on bringing the integration of mail, calendar, contact and more (document editing, web conferencing) to a new level in the upcoming release.

5 Likes

Horde CAN deal with active directory…
And it’s a great old open source software.

It CAN be a really good alternative for mail, calendars, contacts, and WebDAV, CardDav, and so on…
Thé Horde Project deserve a look, really.
https://www.horde.org/