Help with firewall

NethServer Version: 7
Module: Firewall Rules

I run a linux vm in windows (I have to use windows), and I am able to block all internet to host1(windows), and get internet into my vm, but I cant allow certain ports. Is there a way to block the entire internet for the host but allow a port through? I tried blocking internet, then after saving, creating a separate rule for allowing a port through. Do I need to do this through terminal? I dont know to much about shorewall, but Ive been doing some reading :smiley:

I’m not sure if I understand what you’re trying to achieve, but you can change the firewall policy to “Block all except what is explicitly permitted”:

1. Firewall rules -> Click on the arrow of the top-left-corner button -> Configure

2. Traffic to Internet (red interface) -> Blocked

1 Like

I just came up with the use case the other day, use a linux vm in windows, block windows network to stop microsoft tracking and still be able to use windows specific apps. Ill let you know how it goes, I already tried what you suggested, and i have no issue blocking all network, but I would like to allow one or 2 ports through the host. Just thought it would be an interesting experiment :smiley: