NethServer Support Program Feedback

What do you think about a menue button “Support” or “Help” at nethserver configuration.
If you click it, you open a site like the overwiev but with information about the support programm with a link to subscription but also a link to the docs, the wiki and the community.

2 Likes

This is a good solution too IMO.

Oh, I love that. A pannel called “support” with all those information and a box on the dashboard.
Not intrusive, very informative for every user that may not know our community, wiki and Support Program.

3 Likes

I’d like a non invasive solution - modularity first

Add a “support” category in software center where additional modules required by support providers can be installed.

2 Likes

The thing is that an optional module doesn’t help us to achieve the first goal that is:

let NethServer people know that a subscription plan / community / wiki exists. Since that just a few people read this community and our blog/newsletter.

It would be like: make inline help an additional module, so people can add it only if they like. It doesn’t make sense for me.
I am increasingly convinced that we shouldn’t assume so much, we have to be aware that most of NethServer users don’t know things

We are thinking to setup some volume discounts (thanks to @m.traeumner for the advice)
When your application reaches volume scale, you’ll automatically get volume pricing. No negotiation necessary.
Something like

• 5+ number of installations → 15% on all renewals and new subscriptions
  • 10+ number of installations → 20%
  • 20+ number of installations → 25%

And 50% discounts for No Profit and Educational

Just updated the plans.

2 Likes

I understand: burn the official ISO with the “support” RPM. If someone wants to do it by himself, burn a custom ISO with another package set… Ok enough modularity anyway :slight_smile:

The amount of F and O you (team) put in the last S is amazing /tip hat

I’m glad you decided you where going to implement the support deal, but I highly doubt any of you see it just as a means to get some cash from people who would love to support you guys in a meaningful way if they could just get it past management to donate. I think a lot of people who now depend on Nethserver would like to sleep better knowing they did what they could to ensure continuity without just reaping benefits from other peoples hard work, and not sharing back.

Most of us do not have the time to help otherwise, and personally, I feel kinda bad when I save tons of money by using a project that then gets nothing for the value it represents to me, just because we are a business, and proposing donations makes people question your sanity.

I understand that there could be a fear of people running away when it might appear that Nethserver goes Zentsomething, but I can assure you from my personal perspective that I neither ever found it bothersome to every time click away the popup on proxmox, or need to either execute a workaround to prevent it popping up, or needing to get a subscription. As long as it doesnt limit the product otherwise, I’m really cool with people trying to get some revenue from their hard work, even when it is done with love and for the benefit of the community first, and everything else second. I do not thing a lot of people will differ much on that opinion, tho some people really really hate popups :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, TLDR; I think you guys should be a bit less reluctant to advertise there are payed services that mainly support the project, but have some real value to the customer as well. Just dont go Avast :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha, I am really a popup hater, popups are second class windows IMO :smiley:

You are absolutely right. More information/advertising may get more Support Program users. I hope we can find a compromise and still think it has to be possible to find a way of presenting the Support Plan to the users and make them think about supporting NethServer without being invasive. Just because NethServer Community Edition isn’t Freemium/Commercial software like Avast, it’s libre software.

Are there any popup/ad free Antivirus alternatives?

I agree, probably a box inside the dashboard is enough.

Even I fully understand @davidep concerns, I also agree with @alefattorini, @planet_jeroen and @mrmarkuz : we need a little bit of advertisement :smiley:

For now, I’d go with an extra package which adds a menu item and a dashboard element.
The package will be included inside nethserver-iso yum group: installations over CentOS will already have it, and later we could create a new ISO if needed.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Thanks for your words :slight_smile: and I agree they are services requested by the community and for the community. They help the project sustainability and have some real value to the user as well.

Ok, in the meanwhile I work on refining the Program and keeping in touch with people who already have submitted our form

What about showing such panel at the end of the wizard as well? Something like:
ehi your server is ready. Do you need help? Remind that you can join us + subscribe + read the docs

It would achieve some good results:

• making people aware that a commercial support/community/doc exists
  • making they feel they’re not alone but they can count on a lot of support services
  • making they feel that NethServer is not a toy for nerd but a well-supported enterprise-level project

What do you think?

2 Likes

This is how it’s done with Zentyal: a box in the dashboard page.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this.

We need just:

I would replace the Support Program with Enterprise Support Subscriptions.

In staging, I gonna publish it next week
http://www.nethserver.org/subscription/

What do you think? Clear enough? I’m eager to get your feedback

4 Likes

I love the names but I am missing a Piadina :smiley:

2 Likes

I know, sadly it is not globally known :frowning: like others…
Sadly for the rest of the world :blush:

2 Likes

Please disable the Newsletter popup! It’s distracting me from the BUY button. :grinning:

1 Like

Of course! Disabled

…shutup and take my money!! :slight_smile:

This looks solid, when can I order?

small note: have a fluid English speaking person proofread the text, there are some minor bugs in the English :wink: Italian shines through, which is not a bad thing per se :smiley: