Email services block

Hi everyone, this morning I noticed that all email services were in block, namely Sogo and Rouncube emal. The login was successful but the message list did not appear. I assume that the imap daemon has gone into error. I checked out of Sogo here is an excerpt:
Oct 04 08:27:29 sogod [9428]: <0x0x56099f92ac90 [LDAPSource]> <NSException: 0x56099ff5e940> NAME: LDAPException REASON: operation bind failed: Invalid credentials (0x31) INFO: {“error_code” = 49;

Apache:
[Mon Oct 04 09: 07: 54.123289 2021] [lbmethod_heartbeat: notice] [pid 1220] AH02282: No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor

Can anyone tell me where to look for the cause?

Simple questions
How much RAM has this system you’re running NethServer?
When was your last reboot?
Which kernel are you running?

6 GB

30 gg

3.10.0-1160.42.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP

Please also check logs like /var/log/messages, /var/log/maillog and /var/log/imap

Are the users there on users/group page?

Check dovecot status:

systemctl status dovecot

Maybe reconfigure the mailserver?

signal-event nethserver-mail-server-update

yes I looked and exposed the logs available. It appears that dovecot could no longer obtain system user credentials. I rebooted and everything came back online. However I would like to understand what went wrong. My server has been virtualized on proxmox for at least 4 years.

AD or LDAP account manager?

Active directory AD

Due to error related to user individuation, maybe a full server restart could be avoided with only the restart of NSDC, which is userbase and the LDAP server contacted by any other user-related module.

Moreover, a little check on CPU consumption state could tell you if the container was busting is hat off or was not answering at all…

1 Like

Hello and thanks, the server has 4 cpu used little, the problem in my opinion is that the disk I / O are high being a VM with ZFS and a mechanical disk unfortunately the latency is sometimes high. I tried to configure the cache on the proxmox parameters but I didn’t get great results, considering that there is a risk of losing data. Since the machine is replicating on 3 nodes, I checked if this could lead to strong slowdowns, but none of this. Thanks for showing me how to act on nsdc, I always check sssd, but as you say nscd refers to all the authentications of the services so we deduce that it is more global as a daemon.
Without replacing the mechanical disk it is possible to improve the performance of the VM with cache or other