Ejabberd Carbon Copy

Did it worked? :smile:

on My server it works , after couple of days @medworthy will test this feature on his server and update those topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

It did work but I would suggest that people check to see if their client software allows for this feature (not all jabber / xmpp IM clients support this and / or other XEP standards)

Letā€™s share everything with us!

@Nas @medworthy
Could you share please your notes?

Can someone please share the xmpp client name for Linux which can work correctly with eJabberd and carbon messages? Please donā€™t send links to documentations if you never tried these clients yourself because they all ā€œdo supportā€ something but donā€™t work some reason.

Have you compiled module for carbon?
@medworthy please share your investigation. We have tried IMpro and vacuum as far as i remember ā€¦

yes.
eJabberd 16.01
carbon module gave some erros during compilation, but this thread helped.
Then I got erros during module loading, but replacing this line:
IQDisc = gen_mod:get_opt(iqdisc, Opts, one_queue),
to this
IQDisc = gen_mod:get_opt(iqdisc, Opts, fun gen_iq_handler:check_type/1, one_queue),
helped. Now it is loading with no erros, but I still can`t see my own messages in another clients.

right now I`m using Jitsi on ubuntu 14.04 and ubuntu 15.10

Are you sure you need a specific client? Carbon copy would be a server thing. BTW on Linux best jabber client is pidgin

Client should send info to the server about carbon copy

I`m okay with any solution. Just tell me the combination of server/client which will 100% work

Vacuum

tested Pidgin: it is not even able to receive messages simultaneously on both clients (only 1 to 1 chat is possible).
tested vacuum: it is working similar to Jitsi - can receive messages on both clients, but sent messages are visible only on sender`s client (not on both).

that said, youā€™d start to tell us exactly what do you expect from the client and server, because (maybe) youā€™re looking for something that is not implemented yet (and Iā€™m not referring to NS)

moreover, going OT, may I ask you to change your profile setup and change the dot in something more readable? I follow this community via email client and messages from you are likely to be flagged as spamā€¦
Thank you in advance