Ejabberd 21.12 is waiting testers

@stephdl thats great :slight_smile:
Something, thats not possible js now nearly live! Waau :slight_smile:I do test today and destroy my one day vps :smiley:
Thank you for your hard work @stephdl

Can I activate builtin stun and turn?

please test, there is a howto How to set up ejabberd video & voice calling / ProcessOne

maybe you need to create a template fragment

honestly this time I did nothing :expressionless: I am afraid

Timeo danaos et dona ferentes

Thats something what I dont know. I understand, that I have to create dir within e-smith/etc/ejabberd/ but how to template?.. :frowning:

Look at /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.xml/

Be aware it is a yaml file, the indentation matters a lot

If you add a file it will stay after upgrade, if you modify a file from a rpm, the next rpm upgrade will erase your changes

After that do

signal-event nethserver-ejabberd-save

1 Like

so I have to copy for example file 85Modules to templates-custom/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml/85Modules and edit it there? Thank You

Edit:
Ejabberd working fine after upgrade.
Tested calling with stun / turn server module between two androids on two another networks. (Conversations)

1 Like

Hum I would love a howto page on how to do it, we could why not include it maybe in the core package or made a module for it

2 Likes

I would think you should create a fragment lets say /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml/86MyCustomModules and add your changes like this it will survive to a rpm changes

Take care about indentation, verify the file /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml after the template expand

Thanks, so if I have 85Modules at templates-custom, its wrong? Templates-custom isnt backed-up? I slightly modified original 85Modules and listeners.

If I modify 85modules to bring new features you will stay with your custom template version

1 Like

unformatelly, I was failed with 86Modules places to templates/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml/. nethserver-save failed, ejabberd was not started, only “activating”. So I just places my old 85Modules to templates-custom/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml/ location and going again :slight_smile: .
I will memorize your note about ejabberd upgrading and verify that files

Thanks, working very well.

2 Likes

Thanks for reopening @giacomo. I want to continue with the discussion, because I of the impoved video and conference features of ejabberd from version 20.04 and up and the hope that the newly included TURN/STUN server included could also be used for NextCloud Talk, so that NethServer could have a fully video/talk/chat and screen sharing solution (via NextCloud talk) out of the box.

3 Likes

Could you please post your templates and/or changes you did to activate the TURN server with the new version?

tested 21.12 no errors. I believe that nethserver-ejabberd-next is looking for community maintainers

1 Like

install from PR and from the ejabberd download page

1 Like

ping @Neustradamus @carsten @jookk

I did a kickstart to push nethserver-ejabberd-next to nethforge without requiring a ejabberd version, like this the community can choose, decide, test and use the version it needs.

I would love some helps on it, ideally I would like that people maintains it even if I am available to work together

3 Likes

It works as expected in first tests using

• Local AD
  • Remote Win2019 AD

I could connect with Psi+, Gajim and Pidgin.

2 Likes

my hero, thank a lot

1 Like