Duplicity Backup Problems

I was able to setup my data backup and it ran successfully for a couple of days. I updated the custom include and exclude files with some directory paths and not the backup fails. I keep getting this error: …and the logs don’t help at all.

===== Report for data backup =====

Backup started at 2015-04-19 10:50:05
Pre backup scripts status: SUCCESS
Backup script status: ERROR

Extract from log file /var/log/backup-data.log:

2015-04-19 10:50:05 - START - Backup data started
2015-04-19 11:16:33 - STEP - pre-backup-done done
2015-04-19 11:16:34 - ERROR - Backup failed, see /var/log/last-backup.log for details - 3584
2015-04-19 11:16:34 - ERROR - Action backup-data-duplicity failed - 1

Extract from log file /var/log/last-backup.log:

Import of duplicity.backends.dpbxbackend Failed: No module named dropbox
Reading globbing filelist /tmp/_XNXrLYC3L
Fatal Error: The file specification

cannot match any files in the base directory
/
Useful file specifications begin with the base directory or some
pattern (such as ‘**’) which matches the base directory.

Though I don’t know what that error is, I seem to be able to move past it. I changed my custom include and exclude files as I didn’t have a need for some of the items in them and I removed all current backup files. Updated the sbackup date/time and ir’s now running.

1 Like

Can you past your exclude/include configuration files?

I don’t know how useful they will be since I’ve changed them and the server is currently backing up.

custom.exclude:

/var/lib/nethserver/home/james/james-keep
/var/lib/nethserver/ibay/movies-i
/var/lib/nethserver/ibay/movies-ii
/var/lib/nethserver/ibay/recordedtv
/var/lib/nethserver/ibay/backup

custom.include:
/var/www

I originally had paths that were duplicated in the nethserver include/exclude files. I didn’t realize it until afterwards.

The way I have the server setup is, I’m using mount with bind for the location of all the shares. I do this because nethserver doesn’t proivde the ability to provide a absolute path for a share folder. All of my shares sit on RAID 5 that isn’t part of the ‘/’ partition.

Just wanted to post the backup completed successfully, after 36 hours…

Good to know! Thanks for reporting your success :wink: 36h wow a lot of data there!

Yea, unfortunately it will do that every week. I’d be happier if I had a choice to do it monthly and live with incrementals for the time period between full backups. Zentyal had that flexibility (but don’t get me started with them. LOL)