Discarding duplicate emails send to groups

same as on my system I’m sure you have but you created the /var/lib/nethserver/sieve-scripts/after.sieve script mrmarkuz suggested

same as on my system I’m sure you have but you created the /var/lib/nethserver/sieve-scripts/after.sieve script mrmarkuz suggested

Yes. I did that already :slight_smile:

it should be working
could you try sending another test email and post the results of your /var/log/imap (I’m assuming you use imap)

It appears to have randomly started working for some reason but after checking my users tab for an unrelated issue. All my users and groups are gone.

There should be about 50 users in there, and about 30 groups.

I’m in the process of restoring from a backup to see if that fixes this random disappearance.

Try /etc/e-smith/events/actions/initialize-default-databases and restart the server

No bueno. All users and groups are still missing.

@bradjtrammell

Hi

Is your Account Provider (AD?) showing an error?

What often helps is trying a config restore…

• Make sure you have backups, including a config restore…
  • Erase the Account Provider
  • reboot
  • Restore the last config from backup. This will reinstall the Acount Provider according to the last valid settings.
  • Check and reboot!

This has helped me several times on different clients of mine, usually when the Account Provider (Always AD in my clients) has issues.

A config restore is MUCH faster than a full restore, and is less “risky”…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

So I did a full restore, took about an hour to complete, there were no users in the Users/Groups page, and then after about 45 minutes, as magically as they disappeared, they reappeared and everything seems to be working normally.

I’m not sure what happened, but something strange is going on with this server.

@bradjtrammell

The time frame (45 minutes) is something “normal” depending on the amount of data - a database restore takes finite time, the same goes for any LDAP (Even AD is LDAP…).

If you have everything on SSDs, and a Terabyte of RAM - it still all takes time!

Rome wasn’t built in a day, but a complete rebuild of your server in 2 hours (From start restore to all working) is not too bad!

Nothing unusual or “funny” going on here, at least in my opinion! :slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

I will keep this in mind for next time. Thank you all for your help!

Is your first issue fixed

Yes it appears all issues are now fixed. I’ll set a solution.

2 Likes