Delete user from active directory

NethServer Version: 7.5.1804

(sorry for my bad english)
Why when i delete an user don’t delete the home dir?
I have delete an user but in /var/lib/nethserver/home i have the directory of the user with a number as an owner.
If i create another user with the same username nethserver don’t create another directory but use the directory of the old user with old permission and with the file of the old user but deny the access from the new user.

It’s a bug or a feature? :slight_smile:

Is it possible to add a notice for this? I work in a school and all year, in september, i delete the graduates student and add the new student. Sometime there is some homonym.

2 Likes

Hi Carlo, we’re discussing the user’s data deletion policy here: Change (or not) the user’s data deletion policy

We still didn’t decide what to do! Your issue is an interesting use case :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @gecco this a real case we were missing to implement this user deletion feature.

:slight_smile:

You use nethserver-dc (samba AD) ?

yes .

please how did you delete your user, from the server-manager or with a script…when I use the server-manager (nethserver-dc & nethserver-samba) I cannot reproduce

# ll /var/lib/nethserver/home/
total 0
drwx------ 2 stephane@nethservertest.org domain users@nethservertest.org 62 Nov 21 17:02 stephane

then I delete the user

Nov 21 17:04:05 ns7loc2 esmith::event[2995]: Deleted user stephane
Nov 21 17:04:05 ns7loc2 esmith::event[2995]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/user-delete/S40nethserver-dc-user-delete SUCCESS [0.724092]
Nov 21 17:04:05 ns7loc2 esmith::event[2995]: [NOTICE] clearing sssd cache for user stephane@nethservertest.org
Nov 21 17:04:06 ns7loc2 esmith::event[2995]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/user-delete/S90nethserver-sssd-clear-cache SUCCESS [0.349032]
Nov 21 17:04:06 ns7loc2 esmith::event[2995]: Event: user-delete SUCCESS

# ll /var/lib/nethserver/home/
total 0
1 Like

mmhhh… i don’t know what happened

now i cannot reproduce the “problem”

5 posts were split to a new topic: Sysadmin script to create Users in school