Default mail card in Webtop possible

Is there a possibility to define a default mailcard and identify which is used automatically, wenn a new mail is startet. I created only one identity and mailcard, but now I have to identities to choose from in a new mail and the wrong one is preselected.

@webtop_team Can somebody help here?

1 Like

Hi @carsten,
It’s all explained in the manual here: https://nethserver.docs.nethesis.it/en/master/webtop5.html#mailcards-of-user-and-domain

To configure multiple mailcards: https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/webtop5.html#configure-multiple-mailcards-for-a-single-user

BR

I didn’t find it:

1. Where can I choose which of the identities is the default? It seems they are alphabetically sorted.
  2. If I create only one identity I still have two options in the drop down box when creating a new mail. Unfortunately the one without mailcard is the default and it is the wrong one. How to choose the one created mailcard as the default?

There is no concept of default identity :wink:
There is the main identity (with personal information data) which by default is linked to all mail folders.
Then there are additional identities that you can link or not to some mail folders.
For example, if you create an additional identity linked to the INBOX folder, when a new mail is created starting from this folder or you have to reply to an email that is in the INBOX, the additional identity will be automatically selected.
Other details are always described in the manual here: WebTop 5 — NethServer 7 Final

Try some and check if the mechanism is clear to you :slightly_smiling_face:

I only need one main identity but also would like a mailcard with a footer which is automatically inserted into a new mail. How to edit the footer/mailcard for the main identity?

Ok, I found the mailcard for the main identity. It was unter Mail/Editing where I didn’t expect it.

However another problem. As an Admin it should be possible to create a domain mailcard, but I have only Webtop and Cloud in the admin panel. No Mail Tab.

Login with admin@yourdomain.whatever and be happy.

As you can see from the screenshot, it IS the admin user, but the tab for mail is missing.

Have a look in the documentation and understand please.

Admin user

After installation, WebTop will be accessible using the administrator user. The administrator user can change global settings and login as any other user, however, it’s not a system user and can’t access any other service like Mail, Calendar, etc.

https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/webtop5.html

I know. Here a larger screen shot to proove I am logged in as the special user “admin”. On the left side you find the possibility to change System settings. On the right side, I am able to change global settings for “Cloud”, but I no Mail tab is shown.

Either you did not read the documentation, or you did not understand what you read.

Anmerkung 2020-07-04 174706

I did read the documentation and it is quite easy in this point. It says:

After installation, WebTop will be accessible using the administrator user. The administrator user can change global settings and login as any other user, however, it’s not a system user and can’t access any other service like Mail, Calendar, etc.

Default credentials are:

User: admin
Password: admin

So I logged in admin, changed the password and the documenation says I should use settings from the uppper right corner to change settings for all users. I did that and I can change global settings for WebTop and Cloud but the rest of the tabs are missing.

You can see in my screenshot that I am logged in with the correct user “admin@*”. All other users also have the tab “Mail”, “Kalender”, “Kontakte”, “Aufgaben”. Only the admin user is missing them.

You are logged into Webtop as system administrator and not as admin@yourdomain. But I admit that this looks a bit misleading on the picture. Here it also looks like your picture.

If you log in with admin@yourdomin you are NOT in the admin panel but in the normal system user. All settings you do there are NOT transfered to other users. This is only the case for the special “admin” user without domain.

Documentation says:

By accessing the settings from the WebTop administrator panel you can also set a general domain mailcard that will be automatically set for all users who have not configured their personal mailcard.

It should like this according to the documentaiton
grafik

But in the admin user the mail tab is missing and in the admin@yourdomain user it looks like the tab of a normal user without “domain mailcard”.
grafik

According to the documentation the “Webtop administrator panel” which is the panel of the special “admin” user should look like this.

I could reproduce the issue.
As WebTop Admin you have no mail tab and therefore no possibility to edit the domain mailcard as described in the docs.

I found that you need to set an authorization for a user to let her edit the domain mailcard, it did not work for Webtop Admin.

In the user settings double click the user that should be able to change the domain mailcard:

Add the authorization for changing domain mailcards for a specific user:

grafik

If you login as the specific user, the domain mailcard should be editable now:

grafik

2 Likes

Thanks for the workaround, but this should be considered a bug and fixed. The way as documented in the documentation should be the way. Currently, a normal user is totally unable to solve this problem. Another point is, that is not very usable to have an admin user which has to give rights to another admin-like user, which can then do the necssary settings.

Hi @carsten,

I think the solution is around the corner :wink:

On the admin panel of WebTop just access the list of users, right click on the user and Settings:

WT Editing Mail

Through the admin panel it is possible to access all types of settings for each user (even those not authorized as in this case).

Furthermore, it is always possible to verify the profile of each user by logging in through the impersonate (admin! and admin password) as described here: WebTop 5 — NethServer 7 Final

If you then need to authorize a user to be able to edit the domain mailcard you can follow what he has already reported to you @mrmarkuz:

Having said that, I think the documentation should be improved given the difficulties I have read on this thread :roll_eyes: :grimacing:
Give me some time to work on it :building_construction:

1 Like

Today I managed to modify the documentation in some places, hoping that it will be of greater help :wink:: WebTop 5 — NethServer 7 Final

2 Likes

I still do not understand why I have to click an a user to set the domain mail card. Is this domain mailcard not for all users? Do I have to set the domain mailcard for every user?