CrowdSec does not start

Sorry, I’m out of ideas for now…maybe you could setup a cronjob that restarts the service if not running.

Thank you very much, Markus. I will see what is to do. May be th best way is a fresh installation of NS8 and to install the CrowdSec module at first.

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

Same problem with a brandnew installation of NS8 and only CrowdSec.
Who is supposed to understand that?

I have no issues on Rocky based nodes, what OS are you running on this specific node?

I use also Rocky. Fresh and virgin…

that you have reproduced twice the same issue. what is the hypervisor and what is the OS, what version of that OS you installed

I have installed on real sheet metal. Rocky 9.3 with Etcher on a USB stick and booted and installed from there. This also works and takes just under eight minutes. Then I installed NS8 as described in the documentation. Also works wonderfully. Of course I updated Rocky beforehand. And then just install CrowdSec and the trouble begins…

1 Like

journalctl can give us the full journal of event, without it we cannot do something

Not possible in this moment. Server is in fresh installation modus.

New test with Alma Linux 9.3 and everthing is ok. CrowdSec is working.

2 Likes

I am wondering something @transocean We know that crowdsec upstream has implemented a ratelimit that I have often reached by installing module in my home lab, maybe you got the same hit

Symptom is that crowdsec fails to start because you cannot download the hub

1 Like

@stephdl,

i have now gone one step further and do not believe that this has anything to do with the different operating systems under the NS 8. After searching in the server’s bios, I found a second active network card there. I deactivated it and tried again with Rocky 9.3. And what can I say? CrowdSec is now working. I will now continue with the installation of Mail and SoGo and see how it goes.

1 Like

if i start the Server i got this information… do i have to pay attention? Because from the Cockpit everything is started only the Crowdsec Hub is not

it is a systemd timer set to run each 15 days, like named to upgrade the hub (repository) of crowdsec for collections

so anything should work?

few minutes each 15 days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

okay, guess that´s enough for me :rofl:

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: After restoring from backup 2 app instances with different versions are shown in Software Center

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is there a changelog for NS8 apps?

A post was split to a new topic: CrowdSec doesn’t install