Creating new RAID1 with 2 new disks (Post install system)

So I originally setup two 500GB Harddrives in a RAID 1 configuration on my server on install. Now I would like to setup 2 new drives in another RAID 1 configuration that I can setup as a DATA/Public server drive.

Is there a WebGUI menu item to go to that does a wizard on placing a new RAID 1/5/10 configuration, setup and place it in the Dashboard under software RAID status?

or do any subsequent RAID 1/5/10 software setups have to be done manual in terminal? If so - how and how do I get it to show up in Nethserver Dashboard under Software RAID status.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks,
-SF-

Still interested in getting the above answered, but I have to add to the above with me thoughts below…

I notice under Nethserver Dashboard it show’s my RAID 1 of the 500GB has MD1 (sda1,sdb1) and MD2 (sda2/sdb2). Usually when I have created a RAID 1 … it only has one M0… not two Mx status’s

Example:

Software RAID status
-------------------------------------------------------------

md1: OK
Level: RAID1
Devices: 2/2 (sdb1,sda1)

md2: OK
Devices: 2/2 (sda2,sdb2)

Can some one break this down and help me to understand how I will be able to show the same information for the new RAID 1 (sdc & sdd) in the Nethserver Dashboard for these new drives.

Thx

-SF-

md1 is mounted as /boot
md2 is /

You could create md3 and mount it where you need storage or add the pv to an exisiting lv.
I think it has been discussed in this forum in the past.

Lol… sorry for replying to my own post.

For those who need help setup a post RAID 1 (2 harddrives) on Nethserver. Set the following walk through.

Setting up RAID 1 (Mirroring) using ‘Two Disks’ in Linux

http://www.tecmint.com/create-raid1-in-linux/

So I see that the Dashboad on Nethserver will see any created RAID1/5/10 drive that is setup and initialized properly… So that is great…

Example:

Software RAID status
--------------------------------

md3: OK
Devices: 2/2 (sdc1,sdd1)

md1: OK
Devices: 2/2 (sdb1,sda1)

md2: OK
Devices: 2/2 (sda2,sdb2)

Only issue is I don’t know if I setup this drive correctly or not because it is only showing one M3… instead of M3 and M4… like the first drives in the post above show M1 and M2.

Also I am not sure why it list them out of order?

Any answers to this would be fantastic.

Thx,

-SF-

Fillppo… AH HA!!! Perfect… makes perfect sense now.

So… the last question… why is the M3 listed out of order?

Thx

-SF-

I suppose that the linux kernel lists newly created raid sets first. NethServer simply shows what the kernel says.

you can take a look here:

http://wiki.contribs.org/AddExtraHardDisk

Gotcha. Ok. Just curious.

Thanks for finding me that link. That give me a bit more meat to check out.