Change dummy interface to physical interface

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009

I previously installed Nethserver with a dummy LAN interface and I have now installed a second physical LAN interface.
I would like to know how to remove the dummy interface and configure the new physical LAN interface instead. Can this be solved without data loss or need to be reinstalled?

Thank you for your help.

This could be solved. But maybe it’s better if you tell us a bit more about your setup :wink:

What information should I give you?

db networks show
br0=bridge
gateway=
ipaddr=192.168.10.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
role=green
dummy0=ethernet
bridge=br0
role=bridged
enp1s0=ethernet
bootproto=none
gateway=
ipaddr=192.168.20.150
netmask=255.255.255.0
nslabel=
role=green
enp2s0=ethernet
bootproto=none
gateway=172.16.1.1
ipaddr=172.16.1.150
netmask=255.255.255.0
nslabel=
role=red
ppp0=xdsl-disabled
AuthType=auto
FwInBandwidth=
FwOutBandwidth=
Password=
name=PPPoE
provider=xDSL provider
role=red
user=
red1=provider
interface=enp2s0
weight=1

config show sssd
sssd=service
AdDns=192.168.10.151
BindDN=ldapservice@AD.MYDOMAIN.EU
BindPassword=yhh2k__7f3eJWPWg
DiscoverDcType=ldapuri
LdapURI=ldaps://nsdc-nethserver.ad.mydomain.eu
Provider=ad
Realm=AD.MYDOMAIN.EU
ShellOverrideStatus=enabled
Workgroup=MYDOMAIN
status=enabled

config show nsdc
nsdc=service
IpAddress=192.168.10.151
ProvisionType=newdomain
bridge=br0
status=enabled

Please write what information is needed yet …
Thank you for your help.

I think you just need to add the new real interface to bridge br0 and remove the dummy interface from the bridge.

Always good to have a backup, in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

@mrmarkuz
Thank you for your answer. I will look into it shortly, but unfortunately I got stuck with another problem.

I want to put Nethserver on a separate subnet behind my router but unfortunately there is a problem setting it up. I have to fix this first, otherwise I won’t be able to access Nethserver.

Thanks and Regards

If the network of the dummy interface is not the same as the new one you need to change the IP of the samba AD container.

On Neth command line you may use the network-recovery tool to quickly set an IP address to access Nethserver again.

@mrmarkuz
Thank you for your advice. The br0 bridge and dummy interface network was the same as the samba AD network so the solution was simple.

I studied the network reconfiguration in the GUI and managed to solve it. It is important to first add the physical interface to the br0 bridge, and after this is done, remove the dummy interface from the br0 bridge by reconfiguring the network in a separate step. The Nethserver is then available from the new green interface and everything works.

Thanks and Regards

1 Like