Block SSL Yes/No

My NS has been stuck here for the pass 20min… Any idea how to stop it or is the file big?

Still doesnt black facebook…

Did you enable the cache ? In the web proxy module, cache tab.

I added the following facebook.com, www.facebook.com, http://www.facebook.com, https://www.facebook.com to WEB CONTENT FILTER>> BLACKLISTS, cleared the cache and also edited the /etc/hosts to point to 127.0.0.1, I no longer have facebook. Dont know which one made it work,lol

Like @islipfd19 already said, install the banbwith monitor and take a look at the ntop tool… :grinning:

Hi Lewis,

Please try this:

1. Gateway -> Web proxy -> Enable proxy -> Transparent with SSL (for GREEN); SUBMIT
  2. Gateway -> Web content filter -> Enable filter -> Global blacklist -> Add blocked URL: facebook; SUBMIT

and remove the facebook entries you added to /etc/hosts file if you haven’t done so already.

1 Like

If do the above then we wont have access to the bank sites “online banking” the browser comes up with a warning…

Yes isli… I have removed the entries from /etc/hosts

I still have access to facebook…

For Firefox: I Understand the Risks → Add Exception
For IE: Continue to this website (not recommended).
It works for me, also for Internet banking.

GG_jr it does not give me that option…

That’s HSTS, it’s the server refusing, you have to bypass that site from ssl intercept.
I don’t use NS for this purpose so I don’t know the method for bypass.

In web proxy there’s a tab "sites without proxy"
And create a new rules for this site

not working…

with proxy transparent and ssl it blocks facebook but lots other sites get blocked to… like the bank.

You’re right, especially with Firefox.

Something is going wrong in this case (Transparent with SSL).

Ok guys… I will carry on tomorrow, have a long drive home… I will leave it with the transparent ssl… and use internet explore

Good morning/afternoon supporters
This is what I did… in Firewall Objects > Hosts I added hosts that will bypass the proxy (accounts mainly) then Web Proxy > Hosts Without Proxy I added those users… and its fine so far… Please do correct if I have done something wrong… So i can mark this solved and move to my next problem… :wink:

Looks good for me, do you still see their IP on squid access log? If not, it works correctly :smile:

1 Like

I’m jealous
I would like to block facebook… But my wife use this s :skull:t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes