Backup data not work after update to 6.8

I’ve updated a server to 6.8 but since that day the data backup doesn’t work.
ERROR - Error while mounting 192.168.1.180:BackDir : mount error(5): Input/output error Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

The “BackDir” is hosted on a Qnap Ts-253Pro with the last firmware, set on SMB 2,1 compatibility.

How to test manually why the mount fail ?

Edit: also with nethserver 6.9 the backup doesn’t work, the mount of the SMB share, fail.

You have some sort of problem on your QNAP or at the network level.

1 Like

Please try

mount -t cifs -o username=administrator,password=MyPasword,domain=YourDomain //192.168.x.x/CifsName /MountPoint

There isn’t any problem on the network. Qnap is reachable from any other pc.

mount -t cifs -o username=administrator,password=MyPasword,domain=YourDomain //192.168.x.x/CifsName /MountPoint

There isn’t any domain, so i removed “domain=YourDomain”
mount -t cifs -o username="User",password="Mypassword" //192.168.1.180/BackupServer /mnt/test
The command give me an error:
-bash: MyPassword: event not found

Can be because password start with the symbol “!” ?

Yes, please try with \ before the “!”

1 Like

@m.traeumner
yes, it works.
Any “!” had to be escaped by \.

@giacomo
Starting manually a backup with # backup-data, the mount of the remote backup share worked… but after 7 hour it’s still running… the last file loaded on the nas was 4 h ago… the processor isn’t loaded… from 1% to 8%… the last line of the log say: STEP - pre-backup-done done
Usually the night backup process take 5 hour.
Seems that duplicity is blocked… can be possible ?

Maybe, but I never seen it blocked.
Search for any duplicity process:

ps aux | grep duplicity

The duplicity process was loaded and “running”… but using 0% of cpu.
I killed the process and started a new backup.

When the backup rotation period is changed (1 month to 2 weeks), duplicity start with a new full backup ?

In future i will change the shared storage… btrfs o zfs are more promising. Do a snapshot and transfer require less time then backup with duplicity. To backup 200Gb duplicity takes 7 hour. With 1 TB of data will have a never ending backup (more than 24 hour to complete)

I guess yes, but I’m not sure.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with notification mail