ARM Review-Team

Yes, I think so because:

I retested the new image on a raspi 4 and it turned that it’s another local Firefox problem, this time it’s not the certs8/9.db, I need to check further…
Another Firefox 76 on a Win 7 VM opens the site without problems.

The image boots without errors. :+1:

localhost systemd: Startup finished in 1.862s (kernel) + 1min 55.580s (userspace) = 1min 57.442s.

More tests will follow…

2 Likes

I did a quick review of the new package, you could remove some commented code inside the createlinks, but it’s ok!

As privately suggested, feel free to steal some optimizations from https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-box which we use for Nethesis appliances. :wink:

2 Likes

Tnx!

Yeh, “reserved future usage” :flushed:

Yes I hoped to have a arm-hyperviser running for testing this point release.
Did some preliminary tests after 7.7 and than lost interest after a while. Regret that dearly now!
Aim is to have pristine virtual arm nethserver-images who spin up fast.
And the netherver-box approach could be a answer to this. :thinking:

1 Like

thx, can you confirm the traditional UI works?

because than we can give two suggestions if someone hit’s this quirk:

1. go to the traditional web UI and update the certificate reboot and try again.
  2. try another browser and update the certificate, reboot and try again.

EDIT (for info)

It works. It just didn’t work with this one special Firefox…

For the Firefox case this would be a workaround, access to traditional UI or default HTTPS page didn’t work.

1 Like

Sort bump on aarch64:

Something boots; on a odroid-C2 and a RPI3+… :partying_face:

EDIT:
Yep, grub2 multiboot … pretty cool

However…

On both SBC’s Network goes down after/during system-init :rage: >> reboot and all is fine. why :question:

And Note: No RPI4, this boot’s a close to mainline kernel LTS 5.4.28 not enough for the RPI4 has landed tin that.

Not going to put a lot of time in this… but where should I put it?

5 Likes

It’s a kernel issue, so going back to Kernel LTS 4.19.xx AFIAK maintained until november and hopefully by that time there is a new 5.X LTS with more rpi4 bit’s and pieces.

…AND…

Arm32 Final images are released, took about 3 years, but well here we are. :clinking_glasses:

A lot of thank-you’s and gratitude to all the people helping out. :clap: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: tnx for your great work!!
fashing sd for rpi3-4 right now…

updated today my vps to 7.8 on scaleway, and mirror is still working great

4 Likes