AirPrint throught NethServer: CUPS as gateway?

iDevices, printers, firewall, headache.

Case idea: any public-related environment that use Hotspot or wireless network as day-to-day customer connection, and like hotels, meeting centers, temporary offices, maybe want (or has to) provide printers to wireless devices.

Most of them may (or may not) be iOs devices, which allows quite only AirPrint.
So: maybe CUPS could be persuaded to be a gateway from Blue network to Green-connected printers?

Do you mean to expose CUPS/AVAHI service to blue instead of creating firewall rules from blue to green for each printer? (sorry if I misinterpret something as I don’t know much about CUPS).

Maybe something like SavaPage could do the job.

Note: (unless it already is,) it seems cups will not be ported to cockpit. Well, there was no UI integration that I recall.

I have no experience (and currently no test environment) but yes, that’s currently my idea.
Adding printer in green ZONE to CUPS won’t expose directly the printers, also IPP over SSL may be a way to crypt data between CUPS and devices into green. And CUPS may be configured for allowing blue publishing only for a few of them.

IMVHO Sava Page seems a little overkill, but maybe you’re right, it could be configured in the way i am suggesting. Therefore, it’s not a integrated package, but a nethforge. Cups could be a lot lighter than Savapage, i am considering the option for a little appliance which act as SOHO/restaurant firewall.

SavaPage is a layer on top of CUPS. If you need print management, SavaPage is your friend.
@rijkr can tell you a lot more about SavaPage (and print management in general)

Otherwise:

Avahi Reflector
or

mDNS-repeater (not quite updated…)