Adding email alias

Hi,

I move from NetServer 6.x to 7.9, and I’m having issues creating email aliases. It’s supposed to be Application->Email->Addresses->Advanced, but that doesn’t seem to work for me.

The addresses I want to add aliases for all show as Built-in, and I can’t edit them.

I use built-in LDAP for my users.

How can I add aliases?

Thanks,
Gerald

Hi

See on top “Add Address”

My 2 cents
Andy

Ah! So they’re not really aliases for an account, more like a separate address that forwards to a specific account?

I’ve added one… now to see if SOGo will send as that alias.

Thanks!
Gerald

Actually, EVERY USER on a Linux system can recieve mail, if a mail system is running.

And also on Windows AD, users “look” like e-mail addresses with the “@”, but they’re only user names…

So, I get email via the alias, and I can send from the alias, but I still have an issue.

If I sent from my gmail account to an alias, even though I receive the email, my gmail account gets a bounce back. This is from the logs…

relay=none, delay=0.19, delays=0.1/0.02/0/0.07, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (User unknown in virtual alias table)

Gerald

Is the issue only with Gmail?

Checking now…

Not just GMail. I just sent from a Linux/Postfix systems, and same issue.

Do you have anything like threat shield active?
Or spam / blacklists, etc?

I just checked on my clients NethServers (They’re all using AD, as this allows for Shares with Group permissions) and a new alias works there.
LDAP has one major difference relative to groups I know of: the function IsMemberOf is only available with AD, not with LDAP, but this should have no issues with a Mail alias…

Not on NethServer. I have an EFA appliance sitting between the Internet and NethServer, but it’s letting the email through fine

In this sample gbr-wordtsar is the domain user, while gbr is the external email I entered.

Gerald

1 Like

So my virtual aliases for postfix looks like this:

Which doesn’t seem right to me.

Gerald

Removing the ‘gbr’ from the destinations list fixed the virtual file in PostFix to be right, and got rid of the bounce message, which makes sense.

It seems there may be a bug (or my misunderstanding) is NethServer. When I add external email addresses, they should not be added to the virtual file.

Gerald

Could you repost this as a Bug?
(Change Subject…)

Done. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Thank you for raising this issue Gerald!

I confirm the UI validation procedure allows the creation of a self-loop. I filed a bug here, stay tuned

4 Likes

@gbr do you want to test the bug fix?

Please run the following command

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail-common 

The package in nethserver-testing should forbid the creation of self-loops in the Email > Addresses page.

Edit: the RPM has just been released

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.