@giacomo and I finally managed to release these long awaited features!
After a few (re)iterations of development/testing/fixing the new UI for accounts provider management and ns6 upgrade is available from nethserver-updates repository. Briefly,
on running systems, after updates are installed:
- local accounts provider can be uninstalled
- Samba DC can be updated to 4.6
on new installations, download updates from the Software Center before configuring the Accounts provider.
Let’s see what’s new!
- Both AD and LDAP local accounts provider can be installed/uninstalled from Accounts provider page
- LDAP remote accounts provider: connection parameters are probed automatically
- AD remote accounts provider: NetBIOS domain name and LDAP connection parameters are probed automatically
- AD local accounts provider:
- you can assign any DNS domain/Realm to AD. It is no longer bound to the host domain name. This fixes many issues with mail server configurations
- Upgrade the Samba DC to 4.6 from UI
- DC runs NTP server
- Change the IP of the nsdc Linux Container: available with a shell script
- Server Manager LDAP client uses GSSAPI authentication method (no additional domain credentials needed); no more limits on returned entries number (
Please read carefully the updated “Accounts provider” page in Admin’s manual for more details:
- backup/restore strategy. If LDAP server (nethserver-directory) was installed in ns6, it is restored as LDAP local accounts provider in ns7
- LDAP local accounts provider can be upgraded to Samba AD from the “Accounts provider” page, if Samba was installed in ns6
Please read carefully the updated “Upgrade from ns6” page in Admin’s manual for more details:
Many fixes. See http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/migration.html
- Allow changing the host FQDN after an accounts provider has been configured
- Add NethServer as a new DC to an existing Active Directory domain
- Change the IP of the nsdc Linux Container also from UI